Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Blade Runner Sequel Suffers Fatal Set Accident, Construction Worker Dies at 28
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- WATCH: Tamra Judge Stirs the Pot Following Heather Dubrow and Kelly Dodd's Dinner Party Blow Up
- 10 Things You Never Knew About Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Shoots
- Surprise! Pinterest Inspired Jessica Alba's '60s-Inspired Cat Eye Look
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 06, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 17
Called to Rome
Summoned by Pope John Paul II, 12 American Cardinals Confront a Crisis in the Catholic Church
At the start of this extraordinary summit—unprecedented in modern times—the 81-year-old Pontiff himself set a tone of high gravity, reading from a statement that called the abuses both "a crime" and "an appalling sin in the eyes of God." There will be no written transcript of the sessions, official or otherwise. But Los Angeles's Cardinal Roger Mahony, for one, urged his fellow clerics to become true leaders. "We all have a great responsibility in seeing this crisis resolved," he said. "We have to make sure that our children...are safe in church."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!