Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,172 covers and 54,888 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Eddie Redmayne Gushes About Hugging Julia Roberts, 'Stalking' Jennifer Aniston at SAGs
- The Best Photos from the Week of Jan. 19- Jan. 25, 2015
- Parents Charged in Ferret Attack on 1-Month-Old Baby Girl
- Go Behind-the-Scenes of the Sundance Film Festival!
- Amanda Peet Didn't Think Game of Thrones Was a Good Idea (Also: Her Hubby's the Showrunner!)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Wednesday January 28, 2015 11:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 06, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 17
Called to Rome
Summoned by Pope John Paul II, 12 American Cardinals Confront a Crisis in the Catholic Church
At the start of this extraordinary summit—unprecedented in modern times—the 81-year-old Pontiff himself set a tone of high gravity, reading from a statement that called the abuses both "a crime" and "an appalling sin in the eyes of God." There will be no written transcript of the sessions, official or otherwise. But Los Angeles's Cardinal Roger Mahony, for one, urged his fellow clerics to become true leaders. "We all have a great responsibility in seeing this crisis resolved," he said. "We have to make sure that our children...are safe in church."
January 28, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!