Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sharon Osbourne Taking One-Month Break from The Talk After Collapsing
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Robert De Niro Gives Blunt, Funny, Inspiring Commencement Speech to Acting School Grads
- Chris Pratt Apologizes in Advance for Potential 'JurassicGate' and Misbehaving on Press Tour
- Kris Jenner Tries to Embarrass Daughters Kourtney and Kim Kardashian with a Throwback Pic of Their Model Poses
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 06, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 17
Swoon Over Miami
Errant Rings Couldn't Stop Sex and the City's Kyle MacLachlan from Breezing Through His 'I Dos'
Or the moment when, just after the exchange of vows, MacLachlan's best man, brother Craig, 41, lost the wedding bands. "He was looking and looking in his pocket and realized he had a hole in his lining," says Gruber, 34, who met the groom in an L.A. chiropractor's office in 1999. "All of a sudden [Kyle's youngest brother and co-best man] Kent Jr. put his hand in Craig's pocket, and all I heard was the lining ripping apart." That and the giggles of 132 guests, including her Miami-based clan, MacLachlan's family from his home state of Washington and celeb pals like City costar Chris Noth and models Heidi Klum and Naomi Campbell. "We were all laughing," says Gruber, who also sports a $77,000 engagement ring with a 4.4-carat square-cut diamond. "I didn't mind at all."
The bands were found, the marriage sealed—and the party moved to the nearby Biltmore Hotel. There, says Klum, the newlyweds showed off their "graceful" new skills dancing to a recording of Frank Sinatra's "The Way You Look Tonight." Later, while an eight-piece band played Latin music, guests enjoyed what Klum likens to a "feast in an old castle," including prosciutto-wrapped grissini, Caribbean conch chowder and Colorado roasted rack of lamb. By 3 a.m., as tired as they were full, the couple headed up to their $2,850-a-night suite to recover from what MacLachlan calls their "magical" night. "We're looking forward to being together," he says, "and spending a great deal of time talking about the experience."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!