Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- A Friends Fan Recreates Rachel's Infamous Thanksgiving Trifle – Does It Really Taste Like Feet?
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Benedict Cumberbatch on Fatherhood: 'I Might Go for a (Cumber) Batch of Boys'
- Style Tracks: The Best Kardashian Fashion Moments of 2015!
- Princess Kate Backs Baby Care Fund: 'I Am Delighted to Support the Appeal'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 06, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 17
Jewelry Designers Le Ann Carlson and Denise Gaskill Add Symptoms of Stylishness to Medical ID Bracelets
That's just what Denise Gaskill and Le Ann Carlson had in mind. The suburban Kansas City, Mo., moms created the stylish Lauren's Hope for a Cure bracelets, which also flag conditions such as epilepsy and asthma and cost $39.95 to $79.95, last year after Gaskill's 14-year-old babysitter Lauren Philips, a diabetic, almost died from an insulin-related seizure. At the time Philips wasn't wearing her standard ID bracelet because, she says, "I worried what people would think of me."
Gaskill, 35, and Carlson, 42, who started You Name It, a personalized jewelry company, in 1994, called their new enterprise Lauren's Hope and began offering the baubles on their Web site (www.laurenshope.com). So far they've sold nearly $200,000 worth, with 10 percent going to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. "Now it doesn't bother me that people know about my diabetes," says Philips. "I feel like a normal kid."
November 23, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!