Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Emeril Lagasse Reveals the Craziest Thing He Ate While Traveling the World for His New Series
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Father: FSU Student Who Allegedly Tried to Eat Man's Face Suffering Organ Failure After Drinking Chemicals
- Campaigning's a Drag: Unearthed Sketch Features Donald Trump Flirting with Rudy Giuliani Dressed as a Woman
- How 5-Year Old Toddlers and Tiaras Star Cadence Schutter Survived an Extremely Rare Form of Cancer That Developed Before She Was Born
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 13, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 18
In photographing Kidman for our cover, Andrew Macpherson said he wanted to capture "someone inviting and warm." Little preparation was needed. Despite a late night with her son Connor, 7, who was ailing with the stomach flu, Kidman required little help from makeup artist Carol Shaw. "She has the most beautiful porcelain, flawless skin," says Shaw, the founder of LORAC Cosmetics. "All I did was add a little color."
As it turns out, quite a few of our beauties credit their moms with helping them look and feel good about themselves—from singer Mandy Moore, 18, to Diane Sawyer, 56, whose mother continues to "dream of a daughter with combed hair," says the ABC news anchor. R&B singer Craig David thanks his mom for helping him climb the music charts. "She always made me feel like a million bucks," he says. And quarterback Tom Brady nominated his own mother for a future Most Beautiful list.
A couple of our choices have parents who have been in the spotlight themselves. Actor Oliver Hudson, the son of Goldie Hawn, is a member of this year's gang, as is Boston Public's Rashida Jones. In 1997 she was featured with her mother, The Mod Squad's Peggy Lipton (her dad is 1996 Beauty Quincy Jones), in a special Mothers and Daughters section.
One matriarch we had to include in this year's gallery is Sharon Osbourne, freshly crowned star of MTV's hit series The Osbournes. Although she told us she was happy to take a break from rocker husband Ozzy, the kids and her crazed household to doll up for our photo shoot, she says she considers herself "one of the luckiest people in the world." Now she's officially one of the Most Beautiful.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!