Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Can't Do a Chin-Up? No Problem – This Easy Move Gives You the Same Results
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Two Sons Fight to Keep Father Who Murdered Their Mom Behind Bars
- Christina Aguilera's Son Is 'Like a Grandmother' to His Baby Sister
- What Does Katy Perry Really Think About Her Feud with Taylor Swift?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday January 30, 2015 02:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 03, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 21
Picks and Pans Review: No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems
Despite the carefree title of his sixth studio album, country heartthrob Kenny Chesney isn't just kicking up his bare feet and flexing his pecs. A Nashville veteran at 34, he waxes philosophical on this surprisingly mature effort, which is entertaining though somewhat diffuse. On one tune, "The Good Stuff," he imagines the joys of grandfatherhood (a bit of a stretch given that the single Chesney doesn't even have any kids yet), while on another, "Young," he expounds on the pleasures and excesses of youth. The singer, whose vocals are emphatic if unexceptional, also delivers an introspective rendition of Bruce Springsteen's brooding 1987 ballad "One Step Up," a none-too-romantic look at love. In an attempt to enliven the meditative mood, the drummers sometimes seem to be flailing away, but they needn't have worried. As Chesney proves here, not every country song has to have a pickup truck in it.
Bottom Line: Thinking man's country
- Chuck Arnold,
- Ralph Novak,
- Joseph V. Tirella.
January 30, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!