Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Man Can't Sue Applebee's for Burning Face on His Fajitas While Praying, Panel Rules
- Read the Cover Story: What Caused This Teenager to Murder His Parents?
- Hillary Clinton Tweets as Troubles Mount: Let Them See My Email
- Mom and Daughter Give Birth on the Same Day, in the Same Hospital, 34 Minutes Apart
- WATCH: Discovery Special Captures Dolphins Getting Stoned on Pufferfish Toxins
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 03, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 21
Picks and Pans Review: No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems
Despite the carefree title of his sixth studio album, country heartthrob Kenny Chesney isn't just kicking up his bare feet and flexing his pecs. A Nashville veteran at 34, he waxes philosophical on this surprisingly mature effort, which is entertaining though somewhat diffuse. On one tune, "The Good Stuff," he imagines the joys of grandfatherhood (a bit of a stretch given that the single Chesney doesn't even have any kids yet), while on another, "Young," he expounds on the pleasures and excesses of youth. The singer, whose vocals are emphatic if unexceptional, also delivers an introspective rendition of Bruce Springsteen's brooding 1987 ballad "One Step Up," a none-too-romantic look at love. In an attempt to enliven the meditative mood, the drummers sometimes seem to be flailing away, but they needn't have worried. As Chesney proves here, not every country song has to have a pickup truck in it.
Bottom Line: Thinking man's country
- Chuck Arnold,
- Ralph Novak,
- Joseph V. Tirella.
March 05, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!