Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: See Joanna Krupa's Egg-Retrieval Procedure
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- It's Another Girl for Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell!
- Which Former Boy Band Member Will Compete on The Amazing Race?
- Kim Kardashian Wore Fur-Lined Strappy Stilettos, and Yes, There are Photos
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday December 20, 2014 12:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 03, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 21
About This Boy
Offscreen, About a Boy's Nicholas Hoult, 12, Is Just a Normal Kid with a Hamster on His Head
Needless to say, Hoult has little in common with Marcus, the preteen misfit who turns to Grant for guidance in Boy. "I stand up for myself more," says the seventh grader at London's Sylvia Young Theatre School. (He lives in nearby Wokingham.) His movie role, he adds, impressed his classmates—"for two days." It didn't buy him even that from his piano and voice teacher mom, Glenis, 49, his pilot dad, Roger, 50, or his three siblings. "If anyone starts to get bigheaded around here, there are enough of us to slap sense into him," Glenis says jokingly. "He is a boy at home."
"Which means struggling with his Spanish homework, mastering PlayStation and taking care of Foxy, his hamster in Boy, which director Chris Weitz gave him at the end of filming. Weitz also gave him the tacky jacket that makes him cringe as much as, oh, the thought of kissing a girl. "He's not a 40-year-old in a 12-year-old's body," says Weitz. "He's a 12-year-old in a 12-year-old's body. And that's really wonderful."
December 19, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!