Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Which Reality Star Found Fame 8 Years After Turning Down The Hills?
- Read the Cover Story: Prince, 1958-2016
- Lea Michele Shares TBT Photos With Her Surprising 'Hero': 'It Was One of the Greatest Moments of My Life'
- 'I'm Gonna Check My S--- at the Door': Gwyneth Paltrow on How She and Chris Martin Made 'Conscious Uncoupling' Work
- Is the Bob Over? Kate Hudson, Kaley Cuoco and More Stars Going from Short to Long Hair
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 03, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 21
About This Boy
Offscreen, About a Boy's Nicholas Hoult, 12, Is Just a Normal Kid with a Hamster on His Head
Needless to say, Hoult has little in common with Marcus, the preteen misfit who turns to Grant for guidance in Boy. "I stand up for myself more," says the seventh grader at London's Sylvia Young Theatre School. (He lives in nearby Wokingham.) His movie role, he adds, impressed his classmates—"for two days." It didn't buy him even that from his piano and voice teacher mom, Glenis, 49, his pilot dad, Roger, 50, or his three siblings. "If anyone starts to get bigheaded around here, there are enough of us to slap sense into him," Glenis says jokingly. "He is a boy at home."
"Which means struggling with his Spanish homework, mastering PlayStation and taking care of Foxy, his hamster in Boy, which director Chris Weitz gave him at the end of filming. Weitz also gave him the tacky jacket that makes him cringe as much as, oh, the thought of kissing a girl. "He's not a 40-year-old in a 12-year-old's body," says Weitz. "He's a 12-year-old in a 12-year-old's body. And that's really wonderful."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!