Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 'Disappointed' Dwayne Johnson Thinks Hulk Hogan Has 'Paid the Price' for Racist Rant
- Read the Cover Story: The Bachelorette's Kaitlyn and Shawn 'It Was Love At First Sight!'
- VIDEO: Caitlyn Jenner Tries Out a Feminine Voice for Kim Kardashian West
- Guy Ritchie's Bride Jacqui Ainsley Stuns in a Low-Back Lace Wedding Gown (and a Flower Crown!)
- If All You Want for Christmas Is a Mariah Carey Holiday Movie, You're in Luck!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 03, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 21
Sis, Bro & Broadway
Stars in Rival Stage Hits, Siblings Hunter and Sutton Foster Face a Tony Dilemma
The Fosters' shows are vying for a fistful of Tony Awards, including best musical. In a further twist Sutton copped a nomination for best actress in a musical. To win on June 2, she must beat four other actresses—two from Hunter's play. "I'm rooting for my sister and for Urinetown," Hunter says. Then, remembering his co-stars, he adds, "If any of the three win, I'll be happy." When Sutton turns doe eyes on him, he amends again: "But I'll be most happy if my sister wins."
The sibs have been applauding each other since Hunter made his debut in community theater at 13 as Linus in You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown. "I was mesmerized," says Sutton, who at 10 starred in a local production of Annie. Their family moved often—Bob, 54, is a retired GM sales rep, and Helen, 53, a homemaker—but the kids found a sense of belonging on community stages in Georgia and Michigan. Today both have also found love with fellow stage actors: Hunter met wife Jennifer Cody in Cats in 1993; Sutton's live-in boyfriend, Christian Borle, was a castmate in The Three Musketeers in '01.
Their near twinship extends so far, says Jennifer Laura Thompson, an actress in Urinetown, that "they even look alike. If you put Hunter in a dress, he's Sutton." They also think alike. "I'm glad we did this together," says Hunter. Replies Sutton: "Me too."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!