Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- It's Another Girl for Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell!
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- Which Former Boy Band Member Will Compete on The Amazing Race?
- Kim Kardashian Wore Fur-Lined Strappy Stilettos, and Yes, There are Photos
- What's the One Thing Mulaney Star Martin Short Likes to Cook?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday December 19, 2014 10:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 03, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 21
As Buffy's Kid Sister, Michelle Trachtenberg Dates the Undead (but Still Has to Do Her Homework)
Still, older costars are protective of the 16-year-old unattached actress. "I'm glad to tell her all about teenage boys and their behavior," says James Marsters, 39 (rogue vampire Spike). It was big sister Buffy—Sarah Michelle Gellar, 25—who helped the die-hard Buffy fan get cast as Dawn last season. "I pushed really hard for her," says Gellar, who had been her castmate on All My Children in the mid-'90s before Trachtenberg went off to star in 1996's Harriet the Spy.
Now living in L.A. with her sister Irene, 23, a talent agent, and her mom and manager, Lana, 47 (who divorced their father, Michael, 53, a phone installer, in 1999), Trachtenberg attends private school and has a tutor on-set. "While we're all eating cake, she has to take a trig test," says Gellar. "She handles it with ease." For which Trachtenberg credits the show. "Buffy is just a metaphor for life," says the actress. "We each have to slay demons—a new job, the first day at school." Even—mint, please—a first screen kiss.
December 19, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!