Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 'It's Part of Who I Am,' Says Boston Doctor with Rare Condition That Lets Him Feel Patients' Physical Pain
- Read the Cover Story: Inside Blake & Miranda's Shocking Split
- Drake Breaks the Internet with Meek Mill Diss Track 'Back to Back': 'Think Before You Come for the Great One'
- Zach Roloff's Parents Put Their Differences Aside Mid-Divorce to Celebrate His Wedding
- Jennifer Garner Makes Surprise Visit to Boy Undergoing Chemo at Atlanta Hospital
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 17, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 23
A New Life
Daniel Pearl's Wife, Mariane, Welcomes Baby Adam
A Buddhist, Mariane, 34, says she has leaned heavily on her beliefs since her 38-year-old husband, the South Asia bureau chief for The Wall Street Journal, disappeared while investigating Islamic extremists in Pakistan earlier this year. After a grisly videotape delivered to the American consulate in Karachi proved Daniel had been murdered, Mariane opted to stay for a time in Pakistan to "show defiance against fear," as she later explained in a New York Times editorial.
Now living in Paris, Pearl, who is writing a book about her experiences, played host to Laura Bush two weeks before Adam's birth. "One of the things they [talked] about," reports presidential advisor Karen Hughes, who was along for the visit, "was that it is important for everyone in all countries to teach children that it is wrong to hate."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!