Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Vanessa Hudgens Opens Up About Losing Her Father and Leaning on Her Grease Family: 'Nothing Can Prepare You for Losing a Parent'
- Read the Cover Story: Prince Harry: Finding My Purpose
- Meet the Grandma of Twitter
- Here's Where You Can Get Free Comics for Free Comic Book Day
- This is the Instagram Trio to Follow for Pet-Sleepover FOMO
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 17, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 23
A New Life
Daniel Pearl's Wife, Mariane, Welcomes Baby Adam
A Buddhist, Mariane, 34, says she has leaned heavily on her beliefs since her 38-year-old husband, the South Asia bureau chief for The Wall Street Journal, disappeared while investigating Islamic extremists in Pakistan earlier this year. After a grisly videotape delivered to the American consulate in Karachi proved Daniel had been murdered, Mariane opted to stay for a time in Pakistan to "show defiance against fear," as she later explained in a New York Times editorial.
Now living in Paris, Pearl, who is writing a book about her experiences, played host to Laura Bush two weeks before Adam's birth. "One of the things they [talked] about," reports presidential advisor Karen Hughes, who was along for the visit, "was that it is important for everyone in all countries to teach children that it is wrong to hate."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!