Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jillian Michaels' 4 Easy Secrets to a Sexy Beach Body
- The Style Top 5: Reese Witherspoon Channels Elle Woods,
Steal the Styles from Wet Hot American Summer and More
- Bachelor in Paradise Recap: Who Paired Up, Who Broke Down – and Who Went to the Hospital
- I Am Cait Recap: Caitlyn Jenner Isn't Ready to 'Expose' Herself in a Swimsuit
- Watch Rachel Dratch Turn a Dull Den into the Most Fun Room in the House
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 17, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 23
Tish Ciravolo Gives Girls Their Own Axes to Grind with Her Daisy Rock Guitars
Now there is—and for young girls at that. Daisy Rock Girl Guitars, launched by Ciravoio last year, come in heart and daisy shapes and bright colors and have bodies that are up to 40 percent smaller than a grown-up guitar. "I love this," says Sheyna Gee, 13, of Upland, Calif. "It's way easier to play and it's scaled down to my body size."
Inspired by a 2000 doodling session at home in Burbank with daughter Nicole, now 4 (daughter Sophia is 2), Ciravoio, 39, pitched the idea to the president of Schecter Guitar Research: her husband, Michael. "She's passionate about this," says Michael, 41, "which is good, because a lot of people in this business are burnt."
With sales of the guitars (they range from $239 to $399) topping 300 a month and fans like rocker Lisa Loeb—who says, "If I were 9, I'd want to play the guitar after seeing a Daisy Rock"—Ciravoio has a new rock fantasy. She hopes that someday a woman Grammy winner will thank Daisy Rock for prompting her to become a musician. Thinking about that, says Ciravoio, "I get all these chills."
August 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!