Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Drop Everything and Watch This Crazy Video of Justin Timberlake Dressed Up as a Lime
- The Best Photos from the Week of Apr. 27- May 3, 2015
- Suicide Jumper Saved by Mystery Man in Canoe
- Mom Stages Mock Arrest for Her 10-Year-Old Son (VIDEO)
- FIRST LOOK: Britt and Kaitlyn Go Fifty Shades of Grey in Bachelorette Photos
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 17, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 23
Tish Ciravolo Gives Girls Their Own Axes to Grind with Her Daisy Rock Guitars
Now there is—and for young girls at that. Daisy Rock Girl Guitars, launched by Ciravoio last year, come in heart and daisy shapes and bright colors and have bodies that are up to 40 percent smaller than a grown-up guitar. "I love this," says Sheyna Gee, 13, of Upland, Calif. "It's way easier to play and it's scaled down to my body size."
Inspired by a 2000 doodling session at home in Burbank with daughter Nicole, now 4 (daughter Sophia is 2), Ciravoio, 39, pitched the idea to the president of Schecter Guitar Research: her husband, Michael. "She's passionate about this," says Michael, 41, "which is good, because a lot of people in this business are burnt."
With sales of the guitars (they range from $239 to $399) topping 300 a month and fans like rocker Lisa Loeb—who says, "If I were 9, I'd want to play the guitar after seeing a Daisy Rock"—Ciravoio has a new rock fantasy. She hopes that someday a woman Grammy winner will thank Daisy Rock for prompting her to become a musician. Thinking about that, says Ciravoio, "I get all these chills."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!