Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Verne Troyer Opens Up About Being Called the M-Word As a Child – and How He Physically Defended Himself Against a Bully
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Refugee Killed by California Police Allegedly Drew Vape Device During 'Mental Emergency'
- Final Five Reunite for Glam Appearance at U.S. Olympic Committee Awards Show
- Lady Gaga Confirms She's Headlining the 2017 Super Bowl's Halftime Show: 'It's Not an Illusion'!
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 17, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 23
After Dropping 50 Lbs., Gary Anthony Williams Hopes the Only Huge Thing in His Future Is His Career
He has kept at it. By working out daily and cutting down on carbs, the 5'11" Williams has shed eight inches from his waistline and more than 50 lbs. (and counting). So when he showed up to reshoot scenes as Brother's gadget-inventing scientist, he didn't look like his old self. "I was like, 'Gary, we need continuity here! Eat some pasta!'" says director Malcolm D. Lee, who instead put Williams in a fat-suit. Now his pals figure he should quit while he's ahead. "He'll lose too much," quips Malcolm's, Bryan Cranston, "and people will mistake him for Denzel."
Fat chance. But he wouldn't mind getting Denzel's dramatic roles. In the Williams family—he was one of 10 children of retired baking-company foreman Willie, 78, and his homemaker wife, Johnnie, 70—"everybody is funnier than I am," says the Georgia native. Classically trained, he performed Shakespeare onstage before moving to L.A. in 1998 and landing a gig on Malcolm. But his downsizing had nothing to do with the pressures of Hollywood. "I've never been ashamed of how I look," says Williams, who lives with wife Leslie, 38, a project manager, in a three-bedroom home in North Hollywood. "I've changed the way I live. I'd like to be around a long time."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!