Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: Fear the Walking Dead: Los Angeles Is Hit with a 'Strange Virus' in First Promo
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC, Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- The Walking Dead Finale Recap: Keeping the Wolves from the Door
- RHOA Recap: The Housewives Head to the Philippines (with a Lot of Baggage)
- Justin Timberlake Almost Stole Taylor Swift's iHeartRadio Award
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 17, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 23
After Dropping 50 Lbs., Gary Anthony Williams Hopes the Only Huge Thing in His Future Is His Career
He has kept at it. By working out daily and cutting down on carbs, the 5'11" Williams has shed eight inches from his waistline and more than 50 lbs. (and counting). So when he showed up to reshoot scenes as Brother's gadget-inventing scientist, he didn't look like his old self. "I was like, 'Gary, we need continuity here! Eat some pasta!'" says director Malcolm D. Lee, who instead put Williams in a fat-suit. Now his pals figure he should quit while he's ahead. "He'll lose too much," quips Malcolm's, Bryan Cranston, "and people will mistake him for Denzel."
Fat chance. But he wouldn't mind getting Denzel's dramatic roles. In the Williams family—he was one of 10 children of retired baking-company foreman Willie, 78, and his homemaker wife, Johnnie, 70—"everybody is funnier than I am," says the Georgia native. Classically trained, he performed Shakespeare onstage before moving to L.A. in 1998 and landing a gig on Malcolm. But his downsizing had nothing to do with the pressures of Hollywood. "I've never been ashamed of how I look," says Williams, who lives with wife Leslie, 38, a project manager, in a three-bedroom home in North Hollywood. "I've changed the way I live. I'd like to be around a long time."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!