Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,172 covers and 54,888 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Frances McDormand Wins SAG Award for Best Actress in a TV Movie or Miniseries
- The Style Top 5: A Look at a Sexy New Jeans Ad (Starring Adrian Grenier)
Kendall Jenner's Makeup Secret & More
- Who Was Kissing Terri Seymour's Baby Bump on the Red Carpet?
- Why Does William H. Macy Call His Wife, Felicity Huffman, Flicka?
- Mark Ruffalo Wins the SAG Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday January 25, 2015 09:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 17, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 23
A Stella Is Born
Baby Baritone Josh Groban Adds Italian Dressing to the Music Charts with a New Classical-Pop Album
It's not like Mom (Lindy, 59, an artist) and Dad (Jack, 56, a corporate recruiter) walked around trilling arias either. "I'd come home from a [seventh-grade] show," says Groban, 21, "and go, 'Mom, check this out, Laaaa.' She would be like, 'That's great. Go to your room.'" Soon he was treading the boards—and cleaning them—in high school plays: "I was Broom Sweep No. 3 in Sweeney Todd" Last year Ally McBeal producer David E. Kelley heard Groban at an L.A. charity gig and cast him as Ally's date. "All of a sudden," says Groban, who isn't seeing anyone in real life, "I had, like, this whole part in the season finale!"
The deal for his CD soon followed. "He is not unlike the male Celine Dion," says Foster. Except maybe for what's in their CD players. "He knows the songs from Motorhead, Radiohead and Portishead," says Foster. "All the heads."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!