Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Naomi Watts and Liev Schrieber Split: Inside Their 11 Year Romance and its Sad Final Chapter
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Debate Karma: Donald Trump Mocked on Twitter for Excessive Water Drinking
- Houston Metro Officer Resigns After Video of Him Beating a Man Surfaces
- Naomi Watts Smiles on Set in NYC Amid Split from Liev Schreiber
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 17, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 23
A Stella Is Born
Baby Baritone Josh Groban Adds Italian Dressing to the Music Charts with a New Classical-Pop Album
It's not like Mom (Lindy, 59, an artist) and Dad (Jack, 56, a corporate recruiter) walked around trilling arias either. "I'd come home from a [seventh-grade] show," says Groban, 21, "and go, 'Mom, check this out, Laaaa.' She would be like, 'That's great. Go to your room.'" Soon he was treading the boards—and cleaning them—in high school plays: "I was Broom Sweep No. 3 in Sweeney Todd" Last year Ally McBeal producer David E. Kelley heard Groban at an L.A. charity gig and cast him as Ally's date. "All of a sudden," says Groban, who isn't seeing anyone in real life, "I had, like, this whole part in the season finale!"
The deal for his CD soon followed. "He is not unlike the male Celine Dion," says Foster. Except maybe for what's in their CD players. "He knows the songs from Motorhead, Radiohead and Portishead," says Foster. "All the heads."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!