Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Brad Pitt Talks Going Up Against George Clooney for Movie Rights: 'It Can Get Competitive'
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Find Out Which Glee Alums Are Waiting for That American Horror Story Casting Call
- Welcome to the Future: Amazon Previews Drone Delivery Service (VIDEO)
- How You Doin? Wendy Williams, 51, Shows Off 50-Lb. Weight Loss in Sexy, Cleavage-Baring Swimsuit
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 22, 2002
- Vol. 58
- No. 4
With Border Girl, Mexican Singer Paulina Rubio Finds a Home on the U.S. Charts
Lately in one direction: up. Rubio, 31, whose Spanish-language album Paulina was named Billboard's Latin Album of the Year in 2001, is now—like Shakira, Enrique Iglesias and other Latin stars—singing a new song. Her first disc in English, Border Girl, debuted last month at No. 11 on the charts. "She is a free spirit," says singer Marc Anthony, a close friend, "and so much fun."
The older child of attorney Enrique Rubio, 59, and Dosamantes, 55 (the pair divorced in 1974), Rubio kicked off her music career at age 8, when she joined the popular Mexican kids' group Timbiriche. Says Dosamantes: "She's like an atomic battery."
When it's time to recharge, Rubio heads for homes in Mexico City, Los Angeles or Miami. Meanwhile, her boyfriend of eight years, architect Ricardo Bofill, 36, is designing yet another abode on the Miami waterfront. Sounds like a place where Rubio can slow down and focus on her yoga, which she does for 90 minutes daily. "My brain," she says, "is always going very fast. That's why I meditate. I like to listen to silence."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!