Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Take a Solemn Stroll Just Days Before Announcing Her Mother's Death
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- MC Hammer Has No Regrets Over Hammer Pants: 'I'm Proud of Being a Visionary'
- The Motorola Razr May Be Making a Comeback – Plus Three Other Cellphone Throwbacks We Hope Make a Return
- WATCH: Roots Star Erica Tazel Dishes on Going to an Earth, Wind and Fire Concert
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 22, 2002
- Vol. 58
- No. 4
Imp Rapper Lil Bow Wow Makes a Wow Bow—and Expands His Career Horizons—in the Kid Hit Like Mike
So he's got the cocky routine down—and it plays. In just three years the kid born Shad Moss in Columbus, Ohio, has racked up two platinum albums—2000's Beware of Dog and 200l's Doggy Bag. Like Mike, a family film about an orphan who dreams of making the NBA that pulled in $20 million in its first week, should only stoke his confidence. "He has the charisma that Michael Jackson had when he was younger," says Mike costar Alonzo Mourning of the Miami Heat. "He's like a little adult."
Bow had been rapping for two years at local talent shows when he was discovered at age 5 by a touring Snoop Dogg. Getting a chance to record took years, but "I just knew it would all fall into place," says Bow (who's looking to lose the "Lil"). But beneath the bravado is a kid who plays video games, collects wrestling figures and calls his mother and co-manager Teresa Caldwell, 37, "Mommy" (she split from his dad, Alfonso Moss, 38, who lives in Atlanta). He also knows who's really boss: If he acts up, says his mom, "I will whup his buns."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!