Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Eva Longoria Will Receive Walk of Fame Star the Same Year as Her 'Idol' Selena Quintanilla: 'I Know I Will Receive It Because You Dared to Dream It First'
- Read the Cover Story: Mystery in Idaho: Little Boy Lost
- Fergie Releases Hot New Track 'M.I.L.F. $' – Listen Here!
- Nation's Oldest Park Ranger, 94, Robbed and Beaten in Her California Home
- FROM TIME: Cinemark Attorneys Want Aurora Shooting Victims to Cover $700,000 in Legal Fees
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 05, 2002
- Vol. 58
- No. 6
A Clean Comeback
Post-Rehab and Off Probation, Robert Downey Jr. Vows-Again-to Stay Drug-Free
The troubled actor-who was released from jail two years ago only to be re-arrested three months later-was in court again but under happily different circumstances. Riverside County (Calif.) Superior Court Judge Randall D. White ended Downey's three-year probation after the actor had successfully completed 12 months of treatment in a live-in rehab center.
A jubilant Downey, 37-who pleaded no contest last July to cocaine possession and being under the influence of drugs-told the court that he not only earned this reprieve, "but I will continue to earn it." He added, "It's going to be a long time before I can ever say, 'I'm well on the road to recovery.' But this past year...there has been progress."
Both personal and professional. In between repairing his relationship with son Indio, 8 ("It's been intensely difficult, but it seems to be getting easier"), Downey has appeared in the video for Elton John's single "I Want Love"; shot an ad campaign for Skechers shoes; and wrapped filming on his first feature in two years, a drama called The Singing Detective. "Downey was fabulous," costar and producer Mel Gibson said recently. "He's killer." Judge White's ruling will only help. Asked outside court if he had any other projects in the works, Downey smiled. "Maybe now."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!