Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Not Even Chrissy Teigen Could Score This at the White House Correspondents' Dinner
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Cecily Strong Goes in for Hillary Clinton – and Bill – at the White House Correspondents' Dinner
- The Best Lines from Barack Obama's Speech at the White House Correspondent's Dinner
- Michelle Obama Embraces Her Inner Disco Queen at the WHCD
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 26, 2002
- Vol. 58
- No. 9
She's No Angel...
But There's One on Her Belly. Italian Wild Child Asia Argento Makes a Splash in XXX
Hollywood's latest Italian import could never be accused of being tame. The tattooed Argento, 26—now shooting off sparks with XXX's Vin Diesel in her first major U.S. film—earned the nickname Dark Lady from the Italian press for her tough 'tude (she briefly competed as a pro boxer) and raw, often sexually graphic performances. "I didn't want the conventional Barbie doll," says XXX director Rob Cohen, 53, with whom she reportedly had a brief on-set romance. "When I saw that angel tattooed on her stomach, I knew she would be perfect. She has mystique."
Still, she'd like to shake her scary rep. In Hollywood she hopes "people will perceive me for what I am now"—the "really centered and happy" mother of Anna Lou, 1, whose father is her musician ex-beau Marco "Morgan" Castoldi. The daughter of Dario Argento, 61, a renowned director of Italian horror movies, and actress Daria Nicolodi, 52, Asia says she had a rough time after her parents split when she was 9. "My mother would kick me out, then my father would get mad and send me to my mother." She mended ties with her dad when, at 16, she starred in his film Trauma. The two-time winner of the Italian version of the Oscar is now happily sifting through action offers from her apartment in L.A. "It's much better to be the kick-ass chick than the Dark Lady," she says. "I'm sick and tired of dark."
April 25, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!