Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Taylor Swift & Tom Hiddleston: Meeting the Parents!
- Read the Cover Story: Mystery in Idaho: Little Boy Lost
- Big Ang Raiola's Friend Posts Touching Tribute on What Would Have Been the Mob Wives Star's 56th Birthday
- Before Texas Mom Killed Their Two Daughters, Husband Told Her He Wanted a Divorce
- Johnny Depp Steps Out with His Kids in L.A.: He 'Really Missed' Them, Says Source
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 09, 2002
- Vol. 58
- No. 11
To Keep the Secret of Her movie Simone, Rachel Roberts Endured An Actress's Worst Nightmare: Anonymity
Roberts, 24, didn't exactly have to dig deep to play the title role in the new comedy Simone, about a computer-generated actress created by a director (Pacino) who's tired of whiny stars. But she had everything else director Andrew Niccol was looking for. "I was thinking maybe I'll find a face in the Ukraine and a body in Brazil and a voice in England," he says. "But I was lucky enough to find this unknown from Canada who had it all."
The studio wanted to maintain the illusion that Simone was all-digital until after the movie's release, so for almost two years the single Manhattanite told no one. She even kept the truth from her family. "I told my brother Frank I was taking a break from modeling," she says. "I think he thought I was having a nervous breakdown."
Unlikely. Roberts began modeling at 16 at the suggestion of her mother, Lila, a hairdresser who died of breast cancer at 42, less than a year later. The loss "gave me a lot of strength," says Roberts, whose father, Ian, is a dentist. Now out of seclusion, she's eager to get back to friends and her twin passions: surfing and traveling. One plus to all that downtime: "You can't really get a big head," she says, "about something you can't talk about."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!