Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Langston Hughes Celebrated in Sunday's Google Doodle
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Recovery Would Be a Miracle, Says Source
- Former Power Rangers Star Arrested for Murdering Roommate with a Samurai Sword
- President Obama Weighs in on DeflateGate: 'If You Break the Rules, Then You Break the Rules'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday February 01, 2015 07:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 16, 2002
- Vol. 58
- No. 12
I Scooby Do!
Gen-Y's Royal Couple, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr., Tie the Knot on a Damp Day in Mexico
And perfectly planned. About 75 guests—including Shannen Doherty, The West Wing's Dulé Hill and That '70s Show's Wilmer Valderrama—were bussed in for four days of spa treatments, kayaking and swimming at the exclusive Careyes resort, capped off by the nondenominational ceremony officiated by film director Adam Shankman (A Walk to Remember), a mutual friend. Gellar, 25, walked down the aisle with her mother, Rosellen, 52, and three bridesmaids clad in long chiffon Vera Wang gowns of different hues. Prinze, 26, and his two groomsmen sported white linen suits. "They just make you smile when you see them," says Prinze's mom, Kathy, 52.
Later, the newlyweds—who met on '97's I Know What You Did Last Summer and costarred in June's Scooby-Doo—joined guests for steak and lobster washed down with margaritas and mojitos while a salsa band played. After a few days of R & R—and, yes, the earth moved, thanks to a small local quake—they returned to their L.A. home. "They're on the same channel," says pal Cathy Waterman, who designed the couple's platinum wedding bands. "This is one in which you go, 'This is going to last.' "
January 31, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!