Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: Bruce Jenner Cries After Ex-Wife Kris Removes Him from Her Living Will
- Read the Cover Story: At Home with Britney Spears and Her Boys!
- Former Family Matters Star Darius McCrary Arrested for Failing to Pay Child Support
- Scandal Recap: Olivia Pushes Cyrus Down the Aisle
- FROM EW: Why Julia Louis-Dreyfus Reigns Supreme
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 11, 2002
- Vol. 58
- No. 20
Side by Side
Once Joined at the Head, the Alvarez Twins, Healing Nicely, Get Ready to Return Home to Guatemala
Though Maria Teresa lags behind her sister, both are recovering beautifully. They can sit up and grasp rattles; Maria de Jesus says "bye-bye." They are set to return to their homeland with their parents—farmworkers Wenceslao, 21, and Alba, 22—within days. After another year of bone grafts and physical therapy, doctors hope the twins will lead normal lives. "I'm grateful to everyone," says Wenceslao. "They made the miracle happen."
UCLA has covered most of the $1.5 million in medical costs, according to Healing the Children, the group that arranged the surgery. But the girls' greatest allies may be each other. Lying beside Maria Teresa, "Maria de Jesus will reach over and hold her hand," nurse Margo Goldman reports. "You know she's watching out for her."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!