Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sharon Osbourne Taking One-Month Break from The Talk After Collapsing
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Robert De Niro Gives Blunt, Funny, Inspiring Commencement Speech to Acting School Grads
- Chris Pratt Apologizes in Advance for Potential 'JurassicGate' and Misbehaving on Press Tour
- Kris Jenner Tries to Embarrass Daughters Kourtney and Kim Kardashian with a Throwback Pic of Their Model Poses
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 11, 2002
- Vol. 58
- No. 20
Side by Side
Once Joined at the Head, the Alvarez Twins, Healing Nicely, Get Ready to Return Home to Guatemala
Though Maria Teresa lags behind her sister, both are recovering beautifully. They can sit up and grasp rattles; Maria de Jesus says "bye-bye." They are set to return to their homeland with their parents—farmworkers Wenceslao, 21, and Alba, 22—within days. After another year of bone grafts and physical therapy, doctors hope the twins will lead normal lives. "I'm grateful to everyone," says Wenceslao. "They made the miracle happen."
UCLA has covered most of the $1.5 million in medical costs, according to Healing the Children, the group that arranged the surgery. But the girls' greatest allies may be each other. Lying beside Maria Teresa, "Maria de Jesus will reach over and hold her hand," nurse Margo Goldman reports. "You know she's watching out for her."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!