Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Shondaland Stars Unite for Voter Registration PSA Campaign
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Katherine Heigl Is Trying Hard to Resist Pregnancy Cravings: Craft Services 'Always Has a Plethora of Donuts'
- Father of New York Bombing Suspect Speaks Out, Says FBI Should Have Investigated His Son More Thoroughly
- Inside Lea Michele's Chic Los Angeles Home: 'This House Is Healing'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 25, 2002
- Vol. 58
- No. 22
Picks and Pans Review: The Brady Bunch in the White House
The Brady Bunch industry, self-parody division, just keeps turning out product. The '90s saw two feature-film send-ups of that oh-so-'70s sitcom. Now this agreeably silly made-for-TV movie finds a way for family man Mike Brady (Gary Cole) to extend his wise rule over the whole country. Mike's rapid political ascent begins with an annoying in-joke—he's appointed Vice President after the incumbent resigns to become head of Fox Studios—but the comedy picks up once the polyester-clad populist succeeds a chief executive toppled by scandal.
My vote for funniest Brady goes to Carol (Shelley Long), who sees no reason why an adoring First Lady can't double as her hubby's VP. You're sure to laugh when a talking Lincoln portrait advises chronically envious daughter Jan (Ashley Drane) on coping with her "multitude of inadequacies." Then again, you're sure to groan when FDR and JFK toss in their two cents. These Brady things don't know when to quit, but maybe that's part of their charm.
BOTTOM LINE: Bunch of laughs and a few duds
September 28, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!