Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,168 covers and 54,870 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- North Carolina Churchgoers Indicted for Allegedly Kidnapping and Beating Gay Congregation Member
- Read the Cover Story: Family and Friends Remember Robin Williams
- Find Out How Channing Tatum Can Help You Appear On Stage at the Oscars
- Plus-Size Blogger Asks 21 Countries to Make Her 'Beautiful' with Photoshop
- FROM EW: The Simpsons – 25 Best. Episodes. Ever.
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Wednesday December 17, 2014 09:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 23, 2002
- Vol. 58
- No. 26
Picks and Pans Review: I Care 4 U
Since her death in a plane crash last year, Aaliyah has continued to be a strong presence on the radio with the hit singles "Rock the Boat," "More Than a Woman" and "I Care 4 U." The latter supplies the title for this best-of collection, which also includes six previously unreleased tracks. In addition to the hits from her three double-platinum albums (although "If Your Girl Only Knew" and "Rock the Boat" are missing), the disc features her two soundtrack smashes, Dr. Dolittle's "Are You That Somebody?" and Romeo Must Die's "Try Again," which will go down as classic Aaliyah trip-hop. While none of the new cuts approach that level, they still put to shame such Aaliyah wannabes as Ashanti and Tweet. The bittersweet "Miss You" no doubt sums up the sentiments of her fans.
BOTTOM LINE: A fitting farewell
- Chuck Arnold,
- Ralph Novak.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!