Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Royal Rock Show! Which Superstar Band Is Prince Harry Hosting at His Palace Home?
- Read the Cover Story: Céline Dion: 'I Lost the Love of My Life'
- Was It a Flub or Not? DWTS' Val Chmerkovskiy and Ginger Zee Reveal the Truth About Their Final Dance
- Find Out Which Celebs Erin Andrews Is (Lightheartedly) 'Annoyed' Won't Join Dancing with the Stars
- Former Child Star Alisan Porter: After 30 Years, Curly Sue Is Dead! 'I Am Now the Girl Who Won The Voice!'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 20, 2003
- Vol. 59
- No. 2
A Delighted Brooke Shields, Who Has Been a Model, Movie Actress and Sitcom Star, Prepares to Become a Mom in May
As a joyous Gotti stood up and shrieked, a blushing Shields said, "Nobody knows!" Except, of course for her husband, comedy writer Chris Henchy, 38. Shields admitted that she is due in early May—then swore Gotti to silence until she could tell family and friends. At 11:45 p.m. on New Year's Eve, Shields phoned with mixed tidings. On a down note, she said, her father, Frank, 61, had just begun what she hoped was a final round of chemotherapy after two years of battling prostate cancer. The good news? "I'm ready to tell everyone about the pregnancy!" Shields, who downed crackers early on to battle nausea, stays fit by taking prenatal yoga and long walks with Henchy. "She looks wonderful," says her stepmother Didi, 62. "She's glowing." She's also getting some hands-on baby-care experience by spending time with a 4-month-old niece. As for Shields's own pretty baby, says Gotti, "she doesn't know if it's a girl or a boy, and she doesn't want to know."
Shields and Henchy first began trying to conceive not long after they wed in April '01, according to Gotti. (Shields's first marriage, to tennis star Andre Agassi, ended in '99.) Every day they play Name That Baby. "She's totally enjoying her pregnancy," says Gotti. Friends expect she'll enjoy motherhood too. "Brooke is attentive, reliable, cheerful, slyly smart and without a bone of pretension," says James Toback, her director in 1999's Black and White. "If there's a better recipe for becoming a great mother, I don't know what it is."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!