Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Duggars Announce They Will 'Share Their Hearts' in First Interview in Wake of Scandal
- The Style Top 5: Taylor Swift Goes Wedding Dress Shopping (For Her BFF),
Celebs' Share Their Makeup-Free Selfies and More
- FROM TIME: Former House Speaker Dennis Hastert Paid to Hush Up Sexual Misconduct, Reports Say
- Quelle Horreur! Paris Removing Nearly 1 Million 'Love Locks' from Famous Bridge
- DC Mansion Murders: Who Was Slain Housekeeper Veralicia Figueroa?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 27, 2003
- Vol. 59
- No. 3
She's with the Band
Gwyneth Paltrow Warms Up to Coldplay Singer Chris Martin
That sort of support is probably especially welcome to Paltrow, whose father, St. Elsewhere producer Bruce, died in October. Even before that, Paltrow, 30, said few boyfriends could measure up: "It's hard for me, because my father was so fantastic," she told reporters in September. "I'm totally a daddy's girl."
These days, she's also Chris's girl. The pair met at a Coldplay show last summer. Invited backstage, she chatted with Martin, 25, and gave him her phone number. They've since turned up together in Martin's hometown of Exeter, England, to see a play starring his 11-year-old sister; dined with her mother, Blythe Danner, at Sting's English country home in December; and spent Christmas with the Martins back in Exeter. Said Paltrow: "He is a sweetie."
And a change from her previous high profile heartthrobs. An honors graduate from London's University College, Martin confessed to Britain's The Sun earlier this year, "I haven't been out with a lot of girls." Paltrow doesn't seem to mind. "He's just a genuine guy," says Bob Palmer, a longtime acquaintance of the Martin family. "She deserves somebody nice, and she's found a nice guy."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!