Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Heidi Pratt's Father Arrested on Child Sex Abuse Charges
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Harry Potter Star Robbie Coltrane Hospitalized in Florida
- Kim Kardashian's Ultimate Instagram? See Her and Kanye with President Obama
- Val Kilmer Rushed to the Hospital for Throat Tumor: Report
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday January 31, 2015 06:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 27, 2003
- Vol. 59
- No. 3
Beautiful Mind Costars Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany Tie the Knot
In the end, simplicity—not to mention secrecy—won the day. Connelly, 32, and Bettany, 31, traded vows at a rented Scottish manor on New Year's Day. Dressed in matching black—she in a strappy gown, he in a pin-striped suit—the pair appeared before 14 friends and family members in the candlelit music room of the 1,000-acre Gilmerton House estate near Edinburgh at 5:30 in the evening. A local minister conducted the ceremony, during which Kai, Connelly's 5-year-old son with New York City photographer David Dugan, behaved like "an absolute delight," says host Sir David Kinloch, 51, whose family has owned the property since 1655.
Connelly's new father-in-law, actor Thane Bettany, told Britain's Sunday Express that privacy had been a priority for the couple, who met on the Beautiful Mind set in 2001 but didn't begin their romance until several months later, following Connelly's split from actor Josh Charles. It was the first marriage for both, although the Oscar-winning Connelly had previously been engaged to actor Billy Campbell (Once and Again). "Jennifer was delighted with the idea of a Scottish wedding," said Thane. "We had a wonderful time. It was really a family celebration."
January 31, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!