Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Idris Elba's Response to 'Too Street' Comment Is Short, Sweet and Upbeat
- Read the Cover Story: The Kennedy Family's Darkest Secret
- Is That Peggy Bundy? See Sofia Vergara's Married...With Children Makeover
- Chloë Grace Moretz Fights Aliens in New Trailer for The 5th Wave (Video)
- Enchantress, Psylocke, Harley Quinn and More: Meet the Leading Ladies of the Next Wave of Comic Book Movies
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 27, 2003
- Vol. 59
- No. 3
Beautiful Mind Costars Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany Tie the Knot
In the end, simplicity—not to mention secrecy—won the day. Connelly, 32, and Bettany, 31, traded vows at a rented Scottish manor on New Year's Day. Dressed in matching black—she in a strappy gown, he in a pin-striped suit—the pair appeared before 14 friends and family members in the candlelit music room of the 1,000-acre Gilmerton House estate near Edinburgh at 5:30 in the evening. A local minister conducted the ceremony, during which Kai, Connelly's 5-year-old son with New York City photographer David Dugan, behaved like "an absolute delight," says host Sir David Kinloch, 51, whose family has owned the property since 1655.
Connelly's new father-in-law, actor Thane Bettany, told Britain's Sunday Express that privacy had been a priority for the couple, who met on the Beautiful Mind set in 2001 but didn't begin their romance until several months later, following Connelly's split from actor Josh Charles. It was the first marriage for both, although the Oscar-winning Connelly had previously been engaged to actor Billy Campbell (Once and Again). "Jennifer was delighted with the idea of a Scottish wedding," said Thane. "We had a wonderful time. It was really a family celebration."
September 02, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!