Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Want to Live Like Royalty? Ex-Greek King's Former London Mansion Is for Sale – and His Godson Prince William Used to Party There!
- Read the Cover Story: The Bachelorette's Kaitlyn and Shawn 'It Was Love At First Sight!'
- Rebecca Ferguson Was Where When She Found Out She'd Be Tom Cruise's Mission: Impossible Costar?
- Fruit for Thought: Lo Bosworth Shares Her Go-To Healthy Smoothie Ingredients
- Wisconsin Dad Allegedly Killed Disabled Son, Then Committed Suicide with a Nail Gun
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 27, 2003
- Vol. 59
- No. 3
A Teen Jock on American Dreams, Will Estes Scores as An Internet Hunk. So, Um, Why Was He Wearing a Skirt?
His name is getting plenty of hits, too, in Internet chat rooms. "What I've seen with Will is this kind of non-sexual crush, like something out of the '50s or '60s," says Dreams creator Jonathan Prince. "He's the kind of kid you want to date your daughter."
Never mind that Estes, a Hollywood native, is 24 and not dating anyone. "I try to date, but I take it so seriously," he says. "I am bad at having a casual relationship, so I kind of don't."
The only child of Bill, 54, a projectionist, and Mary Lu, 51, an office administrator, he made his TV debut at age 11 on The New Lassie in 1989, the same year his parents divorced. At 19 he quit his studies at Santa Monica College to act full-time, surfacing in Italy to film the 2000 submarine thriller U-571. "I feel like I kind of grew up while I was over there," he says. Back home in Los Angeles, he shares a duplex with has mom and (sorry, Lassie) four mutts, all former strays or pound refugees.
Unlike the hangdog, intense jock he plays, Estes is a cutup on the set. Around Halloween he dressed up as his onscreen sister, Meg (Brittany Snow), complete with blonde wig and Catholic schoolgirl skirt. "However moody JJ acts," he says, "I want people to know that Will is having fun."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!