Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kanye West's NSFW 'Famous' Music Video Features a Topless Taylor Swift Sculpture: 'Special Thanks for Being Famous'
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- It's a Girl! Audrina Patridge Welcomes Daughter Kirra Max
- Restaurant Owner Fires His Son After Customer Is Called 'Fatty' on Receipt
- Mother of Accused Slenderman Stabber Expresses Concern Over Daughter's Future After Teen's Mental Illness Stabilizes: 'With Lucidity Comes Awareness'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 17, 2003
- Vol. 59
- No. 10
Death in Burgundy
Distraught After a Bad Review, French Celebrity Chef Bernard Loiseau Kills Himself
Like Stewart, the burly, affable Loiseau, 52, had become the engine of an empire. Not everyone could afford to be among the gourmets who waited up to three months for the privilege of spending some $125 per person (without wine) to dine at his inn La Côte d'Or. But most anyone could buy his vacuum-packed supermarket meals or order his kitchen gear online.
Recently, however, there were hints the father of three might have had too much on his plate. His suicide came just a week after GaultMillau slashed La Côte d'Or's rating from 19 (out of 20) to 17. "The economic impact of losing a star or points in the GaultMillau guide is staggering," says O'Connell. Observed Loiseau's widow, Dominique: "Exceptional people are often very fragile, real tightrope walkers who can sometimes get very low."
Ironically the new Michelin guide was published the day of Loiseau's funeral. In it, he receives three stars.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!