Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Former Law & Order Director Sentenced to 10 Years Probation for Child Pornography Charges
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- Hillary Clinton Takes Giant Selfie with Digital Content Creators at Town Hall Discussion: 'We Have to Send This to Ellen!'
- John Mayer Says He's 'Ready' to Find His Next Girlfriend: 'I'm More Mature Than I've Ever Been'
- Former American Idol Contestant John Stevens Hit By Van in Massachusetts
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 07, 2003
- Vol. 59
- No. 13
Brash Talker Wanda Sykes Takes Her In-Your-Face Humor to Prime Time with a New Fox Sitcom, Wanda at Large
These days Sykes, 39, can be as bad as she wants to be. On FOX's new Wanda at Large the veteran of HBO's Curb Your Enthusiasm stars as an outspoken reporter for a buttoned-up talk show. "I love political issues," says Sykes, who cites an episode in which her character sounds off on school vouchers. "I'm like, 'I don't have any kids, and I don't particularly care for them, so if you're going to spend my tax money sending your kids to some fancy school, I should have a say!' "
The Maryland-bred daughter of a retired Army colonel was working as a purchasing agent for the National Security Agency when she entered a local stand-up comedy contest in 1987. "People laughed," she says. "I didn't win, but I was happy." Seven years later she opened for Chris Rock, who hired her for his HBO show. Divorced in 1998 from a pharmaceutical salesman, Sykes, who rents homes in L.A. and Manhattan and says she isn't involved in a serious relationship, vows that "I'll never get married again. I served my time." Her typically acerbic take on being single: "If he's getting on your nerves, you can just pack your stuff and go. Beautiful!"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!