- Conan Shows Off His Dodgy Magic Mike XXL Stripper Moves
- Read the Cover Story: Growing Up Kennedy!
Exclusive Family Photos from White House Nanny
- Kendra Wilkinson: The Timing of Holly Madison's Playboy Mansion Tell-All Is 'Really Fishy': 'She Wants Real Revenge'
- Tom Cruise Turns 53 – See His Breakout Role in Endless Love
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
- April 28, 2003
- Vol. 59
- No. 16
Despite Facelift Rumors, a Champion Peke Is a Natural
Danny's doggie dominance had hung in the balance since soon after his win, thanks to an anonymous call to a British paper accusing him of having had a facelift—a no-no for show dogs. The ensuing scandal—co-owners Albert Easdon, 49, and Philip Martin, 50, called the accusation "malicious jealousy"—triggered an investigation. On April 15 the Kennel Club's bloodhounds concluded that Danny—who admits to having had a recent tonsillectomy—was in the clear.
Not that the prize Pekingese, retired from competition after winning Crufts, ever really sweated it. During a public appearance just after the story broke, he had "an accident" when the host alluded to the controversy. "The announcer," says Martin, "said, 'We know what Danny thinks about the tabloid press.' "
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!