Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Queen Elizabeth Is Hiring a Live-In Housekeeper – and the Salary Will Surprise You!
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- You Can Now Drink (or Eat) Your Sunscreen – but Doctors Say Take the Hamptons Trend with a Healthy Dose of Skepticism
- What's Next for Criminal Minds After Thomas Gibson's Firing?
- Rainforest Charity Pushes for Leonardo DiCaprio to Return Donations Linked to Malaysian Corruption Controversy
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 28, 2003
- Vol. 59
- No. 16
Despite Facelift Rumors, a Champion Peke Is a Natural
Danny's doggie dominance had hung in the balance since soon after his win, thanks to an anonymous call to a British paper accusing him of having had a facelift—a no-no for show dogs. The ensuing scandal—co-owners Albert Easdon, 49, and Philip Martin, 50, called the accusation "malicious jealousy"—triggered an investigation. On April 15 the Kennel Club's bloodhounds concluded that Danny—who admits to having had a recent tonsillectomy—was in the clear.
Not that the prize Pekingese, retired from competition after winning Crufts, ever really sweated it. During a public appearance just after the story broke, he had "an accident" when the host alluded to the controversy. "The announcer," says Martin, "said, 'We know what Danny thinks about the tabloid press.' "
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!