Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Alfre Woodard Tearfully Supports National Anthem Protesters: 'Shame on You If You Don't Raise Your Voice'
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's French Estate Chateau Miraval Is Not for Sale
- Ariel Winter Calls Out 'Complete Sexism' in Hollywood: 'It's Disgusting to Me'
- Multiple Injuries at New Jersey Commuter Station as Train Crashes into Station
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 28, 2003
- Vol. 59
- No. 16
A Former Break-Dancer Makes Good by Spinning into Prime Time on George Lopez and American Family
Marie, 37, costars in two series—as homemaker Angie Lopez on ABC's George Lopez sitcom and as attorney Nina Gonzalez on PBS's drama American Family.
How she manages both: "T get as much sleep as possible. When I get home, I have just enough energy to lay out my clothes and go to bed."
Her idol: Lynda Carter. "Wonder Woman was on TV when I was growing up, and I knew Lynda Carter was part Latina. It gave me a great sense of pride."
Her big break: Break-dancing. At 19, Constance Marie Lopez, a third-generation Los Angeleno, was spotted at a club by David Bowie's choreographer and hired as a dancer on Bowie's 1987 tour. That led to parts in 1988's Salsa and the short-lived TV version of Dirty Dancing.
Name dropper: Why did she lose her surname? "There are so many Lopezes," she says. "It's like Smith."
He said, she said: Marie and yoga teacher Kent Katich, 39, met seven years ago in acting class. He: "I was attracted by her short, little dress." She: "It wasn't short!" He: "It was short." She: "Okay, I was the floozy of the acting class—NOT!"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!