Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Chris Brown Releases New Song 'What Would You Do' Less Than 24 Hours After Deadly Weapon Arrest
- Read the Cover Story: Rob Kardashian & Blac Chyna: How I Finally Found Happiness
- Britney Spears Says She's Had Her Fair Share of Awkward Dates: 'Being Famous Doesn't Make You Any Different'
- 5 Killed as 2 Small Planes Collide Midair in Alaska: Report
- Architect and Contractor in Christmas Day House Fire That Killed 5 Agree to Pay $1.2 Million
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 28, 2003
- Vol. 59
- No. 16
A Former Break-Dancer Makes Good by Spinning into Prime Time on George Lopez and American Family
Marie, 37, costars in two series—as homemaker Angie Lopez on ABC's George Lopez sitcom and as attorney Nina Gonzalez on PBS's drama American Family.
How she manages both: "T get as much sleep as possible. When I get home, I have just enough energy to lay out my clothes and go to bed."
Her idol: Lynda Carter. "Wonder Woman was on TV when I was growing up, and I knew Lynda Carter was part Latina. It gave me a great sense of pride."
Her big break: Break-dancing. At 19, Constance Marie Lopez, a third-generation Los Angeleno, was spotted at a club by David Bowie's choreographer and hired as a dancer on Bowie's 1987 tour. That led to parts in 1988's Salsa and the short-lived TV version of Dirty Dancing.
Name dropper: Why did she lose her surname? "There are so many Lopezes," she says. "It's like Smith."
He said, she said: Marie and yoga teacher Kent Katich, 39, met seven years ago in acting class. He: "I was attracted by her short, little dress." She: "It wasn't short!" He: "It was short." She: "Okay, I was the floozy of the acting class—NOT!"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!