Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 'It's Part of Who I Am,' Says Boston Doctor with Rare Condition That Lets Him Feel Patients' Physical Pain
- Read the Cover Story: Inside Blake & Miranda's Shocking Split
- Drake Breaks the Internet with Meek Mill Diss Track 'Back to Back': 'Think Before You Come for the Great One'
- Zach Roloff's Parents Put Their Differences Aside Mid-Divorce to Celebrate His Wedding
- Jennifer Garner Makes Surprise Visit to Boy Undergoing Chemo at Atlanta Hospital
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 28, 2003
- Vol. 59
- No. 16
Trash TV Is in the House
An Expert in Soap Opera, Host Laura Bozzo Lands in the Middle of Her Own
Everyone, that is, except Bozzo. Peru's freewheeling answer to Jerry Springer, she hosts a show that's seen by viewers in 22 countries, including 1 million in the U.S. But since last July, in a scandal that has kept her fans rapt, Bozzo, 53, has been under house arrest, confined to her Lima TV studio, where she continues to broadcast. Prosecutors charge that Bozzo received $3 million from the regime of former Peruvian president Alberto Fujimori in exchange for support. (Fujimori won, then fled Peru with his own corruption scandal.) "She has the swagger and arrogance of Geraldo Rivera," says Miami Herald TV critic Glenn Garvin. "She's weirdly compelling."
Prosecutors also suggest that Bozzo had an affair with Fujimori's spymaster Vladimiro Montesinos and that he bought her jewelry with about $20,000 in government funds. Bozzo, who denies all charges and says the jewelry was from her father, divorced her husband of 21 years in 2002 and is holed up in the studio with her 27-year-old boyfriend, an aspiring singer. Though two police officers prevent her from leaving, a makeup crew arrives for each taping, as does a studio audience. At her trial, likely to be in July, she faces eight years in prison. "I'd like to be remembered as a woman who showed the true reality that had never been seen on TV before," says Bozzo. And a few catfights for good measure.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!