Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Father of New York Bombing Suspect Speaks Out, Says FBI Should Have Investigated His Son More Thoroughly
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Inside Lea Michele's Chic Los Angeles Home: 'This House Is Healing'
- Dancing with the Stars' Rick Perry Has a 'Whole New Appreciation' for Dancers After Elimination
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Pal Tom Hiddleston – but Taylor Swift Talk Is Off-Limits: 'That Door Is Closed'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
Welcome to the Show
People Hits All the High (and Low) Notes in Our Clay-to-Z Guide to Everything Idol
There are some basic truths about every episode of American Idol: Paula will groove in her seat at least once; Randy will shout "Dawg!"; Simon will make his curdled-milk pucker; and, like weepy Miss America contestants, the Idols will indulge in at least one big group hug and cry.
But here's the biggest truth of all: It's fun. From the ear-splitting auditions to the corn-ball sing-alongs to the suspense of the final outcome, Al is the root-beer float of reality TV—a fizzy, frothy treat. Will any of these Idols go on to fame and glory? Time will tell. Does it really matter? No. For the moment, it's all about having fun. Says booted finalist Charles Grigsby: "I had a blast!" Week after week, so do we.
September 28, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!