Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Wealthy Star Trek Fan Builds Company HQ in the Shape of the Enterprise
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Cher Fronts Marc Jacobs's Ad Campaigns at Age 69 (PHOTO)
- Royal Wedding Watch! Which Designer Will Make Princess-to-Be Sofia Hellqvist's Dress?
- Scandal Star Scott Foley: I'll Do Anything for My Kids
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
Welcome to the Show
People Hits All the High (and Low) Notes in Our Clay-to-Z Guide to Everything Idol
There are some basic truths about every episode of American Idol: Paula will groove in her seat at least once; Randy will shout "Dawg!"; Simon will make his curdled-milk pucker; and, like weepy Miss America contestants, the Idols will indulge in at least one big group hug and cry.
But here's the biggest truth of all: It's fun. From the ear-splitting auditions to the corn-ball sing-alongs to the suspense of the final outcome, Al is the root-beer float of reality TV—a fizzy, frothy treat. Will any of these Idols go on to fame and glory? Time will tell. Does it really matter? No. For the moment, it's all about having fun. Says booted finalist Charles Grigsby: "I had a blast!" Week after week, so do we.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!