Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: Sue Has Something to Show Becky on Glee – and It's a Tad Creepy
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Will Reeve on Getting the Call from ESPN: I Thought 'Wow, This is Big'
- See Suge Knight's Lengthy Rap Sheet
- Telemarketer Call Saves Oregon Woman's Life After Ex Attacks Her
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday January 30, 2015 04:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 05, 2003
- Vol. 59
- No. 17
Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas Welcome Daughter Carys (It Means "Beloved One") on Easter
Zeta-Jones, 33, was then just starting her pregnancy with Carys (Welsh for "beloved one") Zeta Douglas, who came into the world at 4:50 a.m. on April 20, Easter Sunday, at Valley Hospital in Ridgewood, N.J. The birth was "picture-perfect," says proud dad Michael Douglas (see following story). "We became aware of Catherine's contractions and ran over to the hospital about 2 in the morning. Catherine put on another great performance." Weighing in at 6 lbs. 12 oz., Carys sports a less pronounced version of her father's and grandfather Kirk's famous dimpled chin. Why the Garden State delivery for a couple living in Manhattan? Douglas, 58, cited the need for privacy, plus "I was born in New Jersey, so there's no reason why Carys couldn't be too."
The couple, who plan to head to their Bermuda home soon, returned to their Central Park West apartment on April 21. Carys's brother Dylan, 2½—who used to rub Mom's bump and coo "Nice baby"—"is thrilled," says Douglas. "He likes to climb up the crib and hang out with her." Meanwhile, Dad is eager and fit for duty. Being a father, Michael says, "teaches you what exercises you should do. Forget about good-looking triceps. Lower-back strength is what you need."
January 30, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!