Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Ronda Rousey Accepts Invitation to Marine Corps Ball: 'I Would Go for Sure'
- The Best Photos from the Week of August 24- August 30, 2015
- Kate Mara and Jamie Bell Get Cozy in Malibu in New Instagram Snap
- FROM EW: The 8 Most Polarizing Celebrities in Dancing With the Stars History
- Read Sarah Michelle Gellar's Pledge of Love to Freddie Prinze Jr. on Their 13th Anniversary
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 05, 2003
- Vol. 59
- No. 17
High School Drama Teacher by Day, Parry Shen Scores as a Good Student Gone Bad in Better Luck Tomorrow
Shen, 29, steps up to more serious larceny in Better Luck Tomorrow, a dark drama about Asian-American teens who drift into crime even as they vie to get into elite colleges. The Chinese-American actor, who also teaches drama at Villanova Prep in Ojai, Calif., relished the role. "I've never been the main lead," he says. "It had everything—sex, violence, it ran the gamut."
Growing up in Queens, "I had glasses, a bowl-shaped haircut and braces, but I was funny. That's why the cool guys never picked on me," says Shen (whose parents Annie, 58, a nurse, and Michael, 65, a retired businessman, split when he was 13). The A student admits he and friends charged $50 to write essays for classmates—a scam like one in BLT. Says costar Karin Anna Cheung: "Parry is just like his character, an overachiever who plans things 10 steps ahead."
Like popping the question to Kim, 30, a fourth-grade teacher, by editing a proposal into BLT footage and screening it for her. They wed last August. Her only regret about his bustling film career: "I just wish he could still correct my papers!"
September 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!