Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Holland Taylor and Sarah Paulson Are Dating, Sources Confirm
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Bryan Cranston Looks Nearly Unrecognizable as Homeless Man on Set of New Film – See His Two Other Looks
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler On Their Decades-Spanning Friendship: We're 'Found' Sisters
- Kyle Richards on Yolanda Foster's Health Crisis: She's 'Just Struggling to Survive'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 05, 2003
- Vol. 59
- No. 17
Having a Ball Playing Lucy on TV, the Broadway Star Puts Hollywood on Red Alert
Hair: "Every time they took the pins out of the red Lucy wig, the curls would fall, and I'd look like Little Orphan Annie," says York. "So I'd break out singing, 'The sun'll come out to-mor-rah!' "
The Sound of Music: York, who got her big Broadway break in City of Angels in 1989, has been stealing scenes since she was a kid in Orlando. The youngest of four "would sing and dance to the Grease soundtrack," recalls her sister Mary, 38. York says with a wince, ' "I Honestly Love You' by Olivia Newton-John was probably the first song I sang in public."
42nd Street: Moving to New York City at 19 to perform in musical theater, York honed her comedy chops in unusual places. "One night I was all alone on the subway platform, and these characters moved in on me," York says. "I kept making jokes. I was mugging to get out of being mugged. It took 45 minutes for that train to show up. By then, they were completely confused."
Aspects of Love: Her onscreen chemistry with Lucy's Desi Arnaz, The Shield's Danny Pino, "was kismet," she says. "Unfortunately, he's married." York, who relocated to L.A. last year to pursue a film career, wants a man of her own, but "there has to be this great connection," she says. "And then I have to be able to live with him, so I guess I'm asking for the moon and the stars."
December 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!