Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Rachel McAdams Pushes to Stop Ocean Noise Pollution – for the Sake of Baby Whales and Other Sea Life
- Read the Cover Story: Prince Harry: Finding My Purpose
- Samantha Bee, Josh Gad, George Lopez and More Celebrities React to Donald Trump's Cinco de Mayo Post
- What is Suboxone? Addiction Expert Explains This New Treatment for Opiate Addiction That Might Have Saved Prince
- Social Media Has Plenty to Say About Donald Trump's Cinco de Mayo Post: 'Can the Taco Bowl be President Instead?'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 05, 2003
- Vol. 59
- No. 17
The Sexy Colombian Superstar—Enrique Iglesias's Ex—Looks for Crossover Success in Chasing Papi
VIP treatment: Vergara's eight years on the Spanish-language TV network Uni-vision have made her a huge star in the Latin community—especially among male viewers. "They know me no matter what they do," she says, "whether they're businessmen or busboys." Leaving the L.A. hot spot the Lounge recently, Vergara says she got valet priority ahead of fellow clubber Justin Timber-lake. "There might be much bigger stars," she says, "but my car is always the first one they'll get."
Hot stuff: "She's a goddess," says her Chasing Papi costar Eduardo Verastegui. "My uncles, my father, friends are like, 'You lucky son of a b----! You got to work with her!' "
A brother's death: In 1998 Vergara's brother Rafael, then 27, was kidnapped and murdered in Bogotá. "In Colombia any person who has money is a target for kidnapping," she says of her wealthy family. "It's a reality."
Battling back: Three years after Rafael's murder, Vergara—the daughter of a homemaker and a businessman—was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. Today she is in remission but bears a hairline scar across her neck. "I knew I'd beat it," she says.
Her main man: Although she has dated Enrique Iglesias, these days Vergara, a single mom to Manolo, 11 (her son from a three-year marriage to her high school sweetheart), splits her time between Miami and L.A., where she shuttles Manolo to school every morning. "Even if I am out the night before," she says, "I will just put my hair up and go in my pajamas."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!