Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Drake Responds to Adele's Remix Request: 'I'll Do Anything for Adele,' Even 'Laundry'
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Happy Thanksgiving, One Direction Fans! Here's Liam Payne Posing in the Cutest Apron Ever
- Brett Eldredge Is Thankful for Suits, Peanut Butter – and Snapchat
- Giovanni Ribisi and Agyness Deyn Finalize Divorce After 3-Year Marriage: Report
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 26, 2003
- Vol. 59
- No. 20
In a Landmark Case, Widow Katy Soulas Wins $93 Million from Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden
On May 7, U.S. District Judge Harold Baer Jr. ordered bin Laden and Hussein to pay $93 million to Soulas, whose husband was a 35-year-old currency trader, and $11 million to the family of another WTC victim, George Eric Smith, 38. (Other victims' families may follow suit.) During the hearing, ex-CIA chief James Woolsey Jr. appeared as a witness and Soulas's lawyers showed a 2001 satellite photo of an apparent terrorist camp outside Baghdad—proof, said Judge Baer, "that Iraq provided material support to bin Laden and al Qaeda."
Baer's judgment, the first of its kind, "is a huge victory for all the victims," says Katy Soulas. "We're getting accountability." That may be all she is getting, though, since collecting money from the likes of bin Laden and Hussein will be difficult. But the court victory, she says, is a landmark: "It gives nations that support terrorism a message—that it comes with penalties."
November 23, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!