Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith Reunite To Watch Daughter Dakota Host Saturday Night Live
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- Little Girl with Tumor Has One Final Wish – to Dance with Taylor Swift
- Sofia Vergara Sees You Staring at Joe Manganiello – and She Loves It
- William Shatner Can't Attend Leonard Nimoy's Funeral: 'I Feel Really Awful'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 26, 2003
- Vol. 59
- No. 20
Penny Johnson Jerald
24's First Lady Savors Delivering Her Wicked Lines—and Maybe Twins Too
Heated debate: As a teenager growing up in Baltimore, Johnson Jerald fostered her interest in performing by joining a neighborhood circus, where she learned to juggle, mime and eat fire. "I did burn myself," she admits.
Women's caucus: The Julliard-trained actress will next portray National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice in an upcoming Showtime movie about the events of 9/11. Says Johnson Jerald: "She's the only woman in the room, and I love it."
Faith-based initiative: Johnson Jerald met her musician husband of 20 years, Gralin Jerald, 52, at an L.A. church. "He came to church looking for women," she says, "and he got one." The two live in L.A. with their daughter Danyel, 20, and nephew Devon, 22. Even her family isn't privy to show secrets. Says Jerald: "She's as hard as a rock when it comes to that. She'll say, 'No, you gotta watch.' "
Domestic policy: How does she prep for those fiery scenes with Dennis Haysbert (David Palmer)? "She'll flirt," says Haysbert. "She'll try to butter me up so I don't come down on her too hard, but I just look at her and say, 'It's not gonna work.' "
Term limits: "I want to do it now," Johnson Jerald says of the recent urge to have twins. "I gotta stop at some point because I'm just going to be too old. My daughter said, 'Please, wait until I move out,' and I said, 'Are you kidding? I'm going to need your help!' "
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!