Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Duff Goldman's Ice Cream Burritos Are Everything We Want for the Super Bowl, and In Life
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Mother Pleads Guilty to Assault After She Claimed for Years Her Daughters Suffered from Severe Health Problems
- Which Fellow Country Singer Is Keith Urban Crushing On?
- Jennifer Grey on Her Dad Joel Grey's Coming Out: 'I Feel Very Happy' for Him
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday January 30, 2015 07:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 26, 2003
- Vol. 59
- No. 20
Penny Johnson Jerald
24's First Lady Savors Delivering Her Wicked Lines—and Maybe Twins Too
Heated debate: As a teenager growing up in Baltimore, Johnson Jerald fostered her interest in performing by joining a neighborhood circus, where she learned to juggle, mime and eat fire. "I did burn myself," she admits.
Women's caucus: The Julliard-trained actress will next portray National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice in an upcoming Showtime movie about the events of 9/11. Says Johnson Jerald: "She's the only woman in the room, and I love it."
Faith-based initiative: Johnson Jerald met her musician husband of 20 years, Gralin Jerald, 52, at an L.A. church. "He came to church looking for women," she says, "and he got one." The two live in L.A. with their daughter Danyel, 20, and nephew Devon, 22. Even her family isn't privy to show secrets. Says Jerald: "She's as hard as a rock when it comes to that. She'll say, 'No, you gotta watch.' "
Domestic policy: How does she prep for those fiery scenes with Dennis Haysbert (David Palmer)? "She'll flirt," says Haysbert. "She'll try to butter me up so I don't come down on her too hard, but I just look at her and say, 'It's not gonna work.' "
Term limits: "I want to do it now," Johnson Jerald says of the recent urge to have twins. "I gotta stop at some point because I'm just going to be too old. My daughter said, 'Please, wait until I move out,' and I said, 'Are you kidding? I'm going to need your help!' "
January 30, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!