Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Beauty Queen Sentenced to Prison in Fake Cancer Scam: She 'Literally Stole from Dying People'
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Michael Lohan Expresses Concern for 'Frantic' Daughter Lindsay Following Alleged Altercation with Fiancé: 'I Wanted to Get Her to a Safe Place'
- WATCH: AHS Releases First Teasers for Mysterious Season 6 – and They're Predictably Terrifying
- WATCH: Jazz Jennings Nervously Prepares for Her First Date – Even Though She Admits, 'I Still Don't Know My Sexual Orientation'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 16, 2003
- Vol. 59
- No. 23
Big Screen Idols
Sure, They Can Sing. But Will Justin and Kelly Make It as Movie Sweethearts?
It can't be easy, keeping your balance while stoking Idol's star-making machinery, but Kelly and Justin would do Simon, Randy and Paula proud. "Throw something at me, I dare ya," says Clarkson, 21. "Nothing can be as hard as when I didn't sleep for four days and was singing live on TV." She's performing nonstop to promote her platinum album Thankful—"I have the work ethic of a horse"—but thanks to Idol the former popcorn gal now earns more than a few kernels. She is helping her mom buy a house and has splurged on what she describes as a "little vixen" bed for her own Dallas-area apartment.
"It's like the front cover of Victoria's Secret's Christmas catalog," she says. "Red satin."
Guarini, 24, similarly treated himself to a good night's rest with his first post-Idol break, a trip to Hawaii. "It helps me to feel normal," he says. "Because I am. But with all the glitz, you feel like you're in a dream a lot." Who wouldn't? At Michael Caine's and Quincy Jones's joint 70th birthday at Spago Beverly Hills in March, he recalls, "I see Sidney Poitier, I see Billy Crystal, I see Harrison Ford, and I think to myself, 'How did I get here?' These people know my name." With his own self-titled album out June 10, he muses, "Life post-American Idol, wow! Things didn't slow down."
One thing that never got started was an Idol romance. Sure, they hang out together, but contrary to recent reports of canoodling, "Kelly's like my sister," Guarini says. Neither dates—anyone. For Clarkson it's hard enough to keep in touch with relatives by e-mail. "It is a lonely business if you think about it," she says, "so you try not to think about it."
Kristin Harmel in Miami, Mark Dagostino in New York City, Anna Macias Aguayo in Burleson and Cynthia Wang in Los Angeles
- Kristin Harmel,
- Mark Dagostino,
- Anna Macias Aguayo,
- Cynthia Wang.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!