Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Never Forget: Kathie Lee Gifford Sang the National Anthem at the Super Bowl 20 Years Ago (VIDEO)
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Bobbi Kristina's Husband Is Not the Bad Guy, Says Source
- The Untold Love Story Behind American Sniper
- Justin Timberlake Confirms Jessica Biel's Pregnancy – See the Sweet Photo
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday January 31, 2015 07:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
HOMETOWN: Los Angeles
MOVIE BREAKTHROUGH: Thirteen—based on her own script
•Story behind the story: Reed cowrote the dark drama—based on her own descent from a student to self-destructive bad girl at age 13—with director Catherine Hardwicke, a family friend who urged the angry teen to pour her emotions into a screenplay.
•Fact vs. fiction: Thirteen's heroine (played by Evan Rachel Wood; Reed plays her corrupting friend) does drugs, steals, has sex and mutilates herself. Reed—whose parents, Seth Reed, 48, a film art director, and Cheryl Houston, 49, a beautician, are divorced—was never that bad. Her grades plunged. She shoplifted. "I wasn't dealing drugs," she says, "but the girls I was hanging out with dealt crystal meth."
•Now: Finding herself now taking ninth-grade classes on the Net, Reed—who "has incredible intelligence," says costar Holly Hunter—has new focus: "I really love acting." With auditions on tap, "the tongue piercing is coming out," she says. "It affects my speech."
January 31, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!