Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Italy Earthquake: Girl, 10, Rescued From Rubble as Death Toll Rises to 247
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform at MTV VMAs – Kim Kardashian West to Present!
- FROM EW: Lifetime Is Making a Britney Spears Biopic
- Jenelle Evans Confirms She's Pregnant with Her Third Child – a Baby Girl!
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 01, 2003
- Vol. 60
- No. 9
Rookie All-Star Dontrelle Willis Makes His Mark with a Daffy Delivery and Endearing Enthusiasm
These days Dontrelle is still having much the same effect. Since breaking in with the Marlins, the 6'4" lefty has been compared to such past pitching greats as Vida Blue and not just because of his Rockette-high leg kick and funky windup. "I can't be compared. I haven't earned the right," Willis demurs. "But I'm trying." The 21-year-old's sparkling 9-1 first-half record earned him a trip to the All-Star game. (As of press time, he's 11-3.) And his ebullient personality is proving equally winning. This is, after all, a kid who still bunks with a teammate and his wife, calls his mom almost every day and wears her name inside his cap. "There's a charm about him, that joy of being there," says FOX baseball analyst Tim McCarver. "He has all the makings of a star."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!