Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Watch: Bill Paxton Swears He's 'Not a Nice Guy' (Yeah, right...), Plus the Young Stars of Mean Dreams Talk About Their Big Breaks
- Read the Cover Story: Céline Dion: 'I Lost the Love of My Life'
- Are Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Expecting Their First Child?
- WATCH: Blake Shelton Tries Sushi for the First Time and It's Hilarious
- FROM EW Jay Z Mentions Beyoncé's Lemonade on New 'All the Way Up' Remix
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 01, 2003
- Vol. 60
- No. 9
Supa Dupa Stylin'
Even Before Losing 71 Lbs., Hip-Hop Queen Missy Elliott Dazzled on the Red Carpet. Now, with Her Sleek New Shape—and Eight Nods at the MTV Video Music Awards—She Has Even More Reason to "Work It"
Elliott (at the MTV Europe Music Awards) "wanted to be pleasing at the weight she was at," says mom Pat. Stylist June Ambrose says she dressed her so that "you saw her jacket instead of her shape."
By the MTV VMAs four years later, "her body was slimming down, and she wanted things cut very precisely," says Ambrose. "Her jackets were shorter because her legs were slimmer."
Elliott "went old-school '80s"for the VMAs, says Ambrose. "The track suits were slimming." Adds mom Pat: "Pink is her favorite color."
At this photo shoot Elliott had her own baseball jersey customized with Swarovski crystals. "They have the most shine," says Ambrose. "She's taking an athletic look and making it more feminine."
Elliott is queen of the remix in the music studio, and her look in the current Gap ad campaign with Madonna is similarly eclectic. "I cut up one of their zip-front hoodies and put it on the jean jacket," says Ambrose. "The T-shirt was an airbrushed mural of herself, and we had her pants grommeted, stoned and airbrushed again, which was important because of that old-school style." Through the years, adds Ambrose, Elliott "has gone from playful and hip-hop to sexy and soulful but still young and fun."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!