Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Man Charged in Murder of Friend's 5-Year-Old Daughter Allegedly Sexually Assaulted Her and Left Suicide Note
- Read the Cover Story: The Final Five: Their Amazing Journey!
- WATCH: The Real Housewives of New York City's LuAnn de Lesseps Confronts Fiancé over Infidelity Rumors – 'How Could You Do This To Me?'
- WATCH: Find Out What It's Like to Fight with Bethenny Frankel Straight from One of Her RHONY Costars!
- WATCH: There's One Shocking Trump Quote Clinton Refused to Read Aloud on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 01, 2003
- Vol. 60
- No. 9
Supa Dupa Stylin'
Even Before Losing 71 Lbs., Hip-Hop Queen Missy Elliott Dazzled on the Red Carpet. Now, with Her Sleek New Shape—and Eight Nods at the MTV Video Music Awards—She Has Even More Reason to "Work It"
Elliott (at the MTV Europe Music Awards) "wanted to be pleasing at the weight she was at," says mom Pat. Stylist June Ambrose says she dressed her so that "you saw her jacket instead of her shape."
By the MTV VMAs four years later, "her body was slimming down, and she wanted things cut very precisely," says Ambrose. "Her jackets were shorter because her legs were slimmer."
Elliott "went old-school '80s"for the VMAs, says Ambrose. "The track suits were slimming." Adds mom Pat: "Pink is her favorite color."
At this photo shoot Elliott had her own baseball jersey customized with Swarovski crystals. "They have the most shine," says Ambrose. "She's taking an athletic look and making it more feminine."
Elliott is queen of the remix in the music studio, and her look in the current Gap ad campaign with Madonna is similarly eclectic. "I cut up one of their zip-front hoodies and put it on the jean jacket," says Ambrose. "The T-shirt was an airbrushed mural of herself, and we had her pants grommeted, stoned and airbrushed again, which was important because of that old-school style." Through the years, adds Ambrose, Elliott "has gone from playful and hip-hop to sexy and soulful but still young and fun."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!