Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith Reunite To Watch Daughter Dakota Host Saturday Night Live
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- Little Girl with Tumor Has One Final Wish – to Dance with Taylor Swift
- Sofia Vergara Sees You Staring at Joe Manganiello – and She Loves It
- William Shatner Can't Attend Leonard Nimoy's Funeral: 'I Feel Really Awful'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 08, 2003
- Vol. 60
- No. 10
All Talked Out
After Nine Years of Marriage and Two Kids, Ricki Lake Separates from Her Husband
Not anymore. Lake, 34, filed for a legal separation from Sussman, 37, on Aug. 13. The two were mum on details of the split, but Lake wants legal custody of their two sons, Milo, 6, and Owen, 2. "I'm not surprised," says one former Lake associate, pointing to the wage gap as a continuing problem for the pair. Lake and Sussman began attending couples' therapy just months after their Vegas nuptials, but Lake remained optimistic. "Two years from now," she told USA Today in 1996, "he could be supporting me."
While Sussman's illustrations appeared in The New York Times, his success never matched that of his wife, who celebrated Ricki Lake's 10th anniversary last year. The couple's move from New York City to a $6.5 million L.A. mansion this year didn't help the marriage. Back in 1994 Sussman told PEOPLE, "I don't want to become Mr. Ricki Lake." Now that's no longer a concern.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!