Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Try This Super Simple Workout on Thanksgiving Morning
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Chris Rock's Estranged Wife Malaak Speaks Out About Clash Over Child She Says They Raised as Their Own
- Teresa Giudice Will Spend Thanksgiving Alone in Prison to Make Holiday as 'Normal as Possible for the Girls,' Source Says
- Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick Step Out for Lunch in Calabasas Ahead of Thanksgiving
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 29, 1996
- Vol. 45
- No. 17
Carl Weathers, Rocky's Old Foe, Has Decided He'd Rather Punch Cows
"How's the cows, Carl?" she asks.
"Doin' great," says Weathers. "Got some good grass coming up this year."
"Great, Carl. See ya."
That's it. No autograph request, no queries about what Sly is really like. "In the beginning I was the guy from the movies," says Weathers, 48. "Now people just ask me about my cows."
They would be the more than 100 head of Limousin cattle he's been breeding since 1994 on his 200-acre ranch, Heaven on Earth. "I named it that because that's what it is for me," says Weathers, who took up heifer-handling after hearing friends talk about it. "I guess I just fell in love with the smell of cow patties."
An acquired taste, obviously. Not originally a child of the soil, the New Orleans native played Canadian foot-ball before turning to acting full-time. Rocky's huge success (it was just rereleased on video) brought Weathers steady work, most recently as a golf coach in this year's Happy Gilmore.
Divorced (he has two sons, 17 and 20), Weathers now lives with Elaine Thompson, a photographer. And while he still considers film projects, he visits his Marina del Rey, Calif., home only a couple of times a month. "Most of the scripts Tread aren't worthy," he says. "So I stay up here with my cows." He plans someday to have 700 head. "I'm following my bliss," say Weathers. "People used to shout, 'Yo, Apollo!' Now it's more, 'Yo, Carl.' " Or, more often than not, Mooo, Carl.
November 26, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!