Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Says 'Hardest Part' of Ed Hartwell Divorce Drama Is Impact on Her Stepson: 'He Deserves to Be a Big Brother'
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Brie Larson Thanks Fans for 'Tidal Wave of Support' After Captain Marvel Casting, Admits She Feared a Backlash
- WATCH: Nathan Sykes Wows Fans at the PEOPLE Now Concert Series
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Claims Ex Ed Hartwell Is the One Who Cheated
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 13, 1996
- Vol. 45
- No. 19
To 3rd Rock's French Stewart, Stardom Is An Alien Concept
To Stewart, the real surprise was that he was put in the show to begin with. An Albuquerque native and a 1985 graduate of the Pasadena (Calif.) American Academy of Dramatic Arts, Stewart has seen more hard knocks than hits in his 11-year career. Despite Shakespearean training, he did his first professional acting from inside a Yogi Bear costume. It took Stewart, the son of a microfilm technician father and a homemaker mother, eight years of bit parts in plays just to get a manager. He finally found his niche "playing freaks, losers and perverts," he says, in films like Leaving Las Vegas—and assorted nuts on Seinfeld, The Larry Sanders Show and other sitcoms. But, he admits, "I thought endlessly about giving up."
Recently, he celebrated his newfound success with a new Mustang. The never-wed Stewart (now shooting McHale's Navy in Mexico) says he may even buy his first house. With 3rd Rock orbiting in TV's Top 20, "I plan to ride this out until it stop," he says happily.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!