Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Celebri-lattes! Amazing Coffee Art of Taylor Swift, Nick Jonas & Other Stars
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- Man in Elf Costume Arrested After Being Found Passed Out in Running Van
- From EW: Sony Lawyer Says The Interview Will Still Be Distributed
- Meet the Real-Life Prince Charming: Prince Carl of Sweden
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday December 21, 2014 07:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 13, 1996
- Vol. 45
- No. 19
To 3rd Rock's French Stewart, Stardom Is An Alien Concept
To Stewart, the real surprise was that he was put in the show to begin with. An Albuquerque native and a 1985 graduate of the Pasadena (Calif.) American Academy of Dramatic Arts, Stewart has seen more hard knocks than hits in his 11-year career. Despite Shakespearean training, he did his first professional acting from inside a Yogi Bear costume. It took Stewart, the son of a microfilm technician father and a homemaker mother, eight years of bit parts in plays just to get a manager. He finally found his niche "playing freaks, losers and perverts," he says, in films like Leaving Las Vegas—and assorted nuts on Seinfeld, The Larry Sanders Show and other sitcoms. But, he admits, "I thought endlessly about giving up."
Recently, he celebrated his newfound success with a new Mustang. The never-wed Stewart (now shooting McHale's Navy in Mexico) says he may even buy his first house. With 3rd Rock orbiting in TV's Top 20, "I plan to ride this out until it stop," he says happily.
December 20, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!