Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Patricia Arquette: Her Finest Moment
- Read the Cover Story: What Caused This Teenager to Murder His Parents?
- Foo Fighters Stop Show to Give Blind Man a Gift (VIDEO)
- From EW: Is Harper Lee Getting a Fair Deal with Go Set a Watchman?
- Veep Season 4 Trailer: President Selina Meyer Is a 'Real-Life Mariah Carey'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 13, 1996
- Vol. 45
- No. 19
To 3rd Rock's French Stewart, Stardom Is An Alien Concept
To Stewart, the real surprise was that he was put in the show to begin with. An Albuquerque native and a 1985 graduate of the Pasadena (Calif.) American Academy of Dramatic Arts, Stewart has seen more hard knocks than hits in his 11-year career. Despite Shakespearean training, he did his first professional acting from inside a Yogi Bear costume. It took Stewart, the son of a microfilm technician father and a homemaker mother, eight years of bit parts in plays just to get a manager. He finally found his niche "playing freaks, losers and perverts," he says, in films like Leaving Las Vegas—and assorted nuts on Seinfeld, The Larry Sanders Show and other sitcoms. But, he admits, "I thought endlessly about giving up."
Recently, he celebrated his newfound success with a new Mustang. The never-wed Stewart (now shooting McHale's Navy in Mexico) says he may even buy his first house. With 3rd Rock orbiting in TV's Top 20, "I plan to ride this out until it stop," he says happily.
March 06, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!