Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Eric Paslay Marries Natalie Harker
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Suki Waterhouse and James Marsden Grab Dinner Together in LA
- Controversial Artist Debuts New Painting of Pregnant Princess Kate Outside St. Mary's Hospital (PHOTO)
- Soleil Moon Frye: Mila and Ashton's Daughter Is 'Absolutely Beautiful'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 17, 1996
- Vol. 45
- No. 24
After An Acting Stint, Elton John's Duet Partner Returns to Pop
After surgery and radiation treatments, Dee seems to have beaten the disease—along with the fears that had haunted her since "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" made her a star. "I enjoyed the success, but I didn't feel secure," she says. "It was built on one song." By 1981 that song was a memory, and Dee moved on to musical theater, winning a nomination for an Olivier drama award for her performance in Blood Brothers in London. When her old friend Elton invited her to sing with him on his 1993 album Duets, however, the recording bug bit once more. "That kind of wet my toes again," she says. In 1995 she released Almost Naked, her first album in nine years, to critical acclaim, and she's currently recording another. "She has always had a great voice," says her guitarist Carmelo Luggeri, "but she is going further with it now." She has also found peace in her personal life. "I used to think, 'How am I going to get married?' Now I'm okay about it," says Dee, who lives in London. "Friends are my big passion." Elton is among them. Though they see each other only sporadically, have this mutual respect," says Dee's manager Steve Brown. "He always liked her musicianship." She has become pretty comfortable with it herself. "This is me on my own terms," she says.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!