Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Anthony Anderson Addresses Oscars Controversy at NAACP Image Awards: 'This Is What Diversity Is Supposed to Look Like'
- Read the Cover Story: Amy Duggar King: I'm Doing It My Way
- NAACP Image Awards 2016: Kerry Washington, Jada Pinkett Smith, Laverne Cox Make Best Dressed List
- Carolina Panthers' Kurt Coleman Opens Up About the Unique Bond He Shares With the College Teammate He Paralyzed
- Survivor Alum Michael Skupin Charged with Child Pornography and Racketeering
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 17, 1996
- Vol. 45
- No. 24
After An Acting Stint, Elton John's Duet Partner Returns to Pop
After surgery and radiation treatments, Dee seems to have beaten the disease—along with the fears that had haunted her since "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" made her a star. "I enjoyed the success, but I didn't feel secure," she says. "It was built on one song." By 1981 that song was a memory, and Dee moved on to musical theater, winning a nomination for an Olivier drama award for her performance in Blood Brothers in London. When her old friend Elton invited her to sing with him on his 1993 album Duets, however, the recording bug bit once more. "That kind of wet my toes again," she says. In 1995 she released Almost Naked, her first album in nine years, to critical acclaim, and she's currently recording another. "She has always had a great voice," says her guitarist Carmelo Luggeri, "but she is going further with it now." She has also found peace in her personal life. "I used to think, 'How am I going to get married?' Now I'm okay about it," says Dee, who lives in London. "Friends are my big passion." Elton is among them. Though they see each other only sporadically, have this mutual respect," says Dee's manager Steve Brown. "He always liked her musicianship." She has become pretty comfortable with it herself. "This is me on my own terms," she says.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!