Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Watch Sons of Anarchy's Drea De Matteo Get Engaged During a Whitesnake Concert
- Read the Cover Story: The Bachelorette's Kaitlyn and Shawn 'It Was Love At First Sight!'
- FROM EW: Is Beyoncé Joining the Cast of the The Wiz Live!?
- Amy Poehler on Wet Hot American Summer Reunion: Everyone Was Still as 'Immature' as They Were 15 Years Ago
- Ben Affleck Nanny Christine Ouzounian Wasn't Obsessed with Celebs, Thought Job Was a 'Good Business Opportunity,' Friend Says
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 17, 1996
- Vol. 45
- No. 24
To Her Family, She's Angel of the Morning, Noon and Night
So with the same intensity that the Virginia-raised daughter of a Navy officer had focused on music since graduating from Virginia Beach's First Colonial High School, she went after a domestic dream: A horse, a home and a husband. She bought Puppy, a Thoroughbred gelding, in 1983 and stabled him at the Los Angeles Equestrian Center, near her suburban house. There, she met the center's manager, renowned polo player Tom Good-speed, who asked her on a date to Disneyland. They didn't go. "Being a little naive," says Goodspeed, 46, "I didn't realize high-profile celebrities avoided big places like that. But then she invited me to a party." The couple married in 1985 and eventually moved to a Mediterranean-style place near San Diego, which they share with daughter Jessica, 9, and son Tyler, 6. Newton has recorded Platinum & Gold, a double CD of duets with Willie Nelson, Melissa Manchester, the Pointer Sisters and other artists, scheduled for a summer release. She also performs occasionally in venues like Las Vegas. Juice (a family nickname for her given name, Judy) also carpools the kids, plays polo and is writing a children's book with Jessica called Where Does the Sun Go at Night? Jessica's answer: Missouri.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!