Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: Why Amy Winehouse's Mom Has No Regrets: 'I Couldn't Have Done Anything Different'
- Read the Cover Story: JFK Jr.: The John We Loved
- Tom Hiddleston Attends Comic-Con After Trip Down Under with Taylor Swift
- WATCH AND SHOP: This Self Tanner Works Instantly (Then Lasts for Weeks!)
- Jackson Rathbone Introduces Daughter Presley Bowie: My Baby Girl Will Make My Son a 'Better Man'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 17, 1996
- Vol. 45
- No. 24
To Her Family, She's Angel of the Morning, Noon and Night
So with the same intensity that the Virginia-raised daughter of a Navy officer had focused on music since graduating from Virginia Beach's First Colonial High School, she went after a domestic dream: A horse, a home and a husband. She bought Puppy, a Thoroughbred gelding, in 1983 and stabled him at the Los Angeles Equestrian Center, near her suburban house. There, she met the center's manager, renowned polo player Tom Good-speed, who asked her on a date to Disneyland. They didn't go. "Being a little naive," says Goodspeed, 46, "I didn't realize high-profile celebrities avoided big places like that. But then she invited me to a party." The couple married in 1985 and eventually moved to a Mediterranean-style place near San Diego, which they share with daughter Jessica, 9, and son Tyler, 6. Newton has recorded Platinum & Gold, a double CD of duets with Willie Nelson, Melissa Manchester, the Pointer Sisters and other artists, scheduled for a summer release. She also performs occasionally in venues like Las Vegas. Juice (a family nickname for her given name, Judy) also carpools the kids, plays polo and is writing a children's book with Jessica called Where Does the Sun Go at Night? Jessica's answer: Missouri.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!