Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- GloZell Green's Surrogate is 'Having Complications': 'Her Pelvis Is Actually Splitting'
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- Jesse Eisenberg Responds to Anti-Gay Protesters During Pride Parade in London: 'That's So F---ed Up'
- Channing Tatum 'Just Couldn't Believe' Stanford Swimmer Brock Turner's Controversial Sentencing: 'Rape Culture Is a Very Real Thing'
- A YouTube Star Shaved Her Head on Live Video?! 'People Come to Me with Tears Saying How Powerful the Act Was,' She Says
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 08, 1996
- Vol. 46
- No. 2
Out of Control
When Malibu Police Stopped Robert Downey Jr., They Say They Found He Wasn't Just Speeding
On June 23 police may have provided the answer when they pulled Downey over for speeding near his Malibu home. When they searched his black Ford pickup, authorities say, they found crack, powder cocaine, black-tar heroin, which is usually injected, and an unloaded .357 Magnum pistol. Downey was booked for possession of a concealed weapon, possession of controlled substances and driving while under the influence and is due in Malibu Municipal Court on July 26.
For Downey, 31, taking the fall may have been only a matter of time. Just two months ago, Larry Hagman says he offered to pay for rehab after Downey asked to borrow $100,000, and as recently as six weeks ago a concerned Sean Penn chartered a plane to fly him to a detox center in Arizona. Within 24 hours, Downey had fled. Amidst the wreckage of his bender, friends say, is his breakup with Falconer, who took Indio and left the Malibu house in April. Meanwhile, the actor's father, director Robert Downey (Putney Swope, 1969, and Pound, 1970), stands by his son. "He is a great artist, a great friend," he says. "And when he beats this, he'll be a great man."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!