Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Behati Prinsloo's Skirt Flies Up on the Red Carpet: See Her Marilyn Moment
- Read the Cover Story: Avril Lavigne Opens Up About Her Secret Health Crisis
- How Does Jon Hamm Unwind After Playing Don Draper on Mad Men?
- Rob Kardashian Calls Scott Disick a 'Legend' on Instagram
- Shop This Flattering Jumpsuit Before It Sells Out (Again!)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 15, 1996
- Vol. 46
- No. 3
Australia's X-Files Fans Have a Serious Crush on Gillian Anderson
The wildest encounter took place in Melbourne, where more than 5,000 admirers, many of them teenage girls who had camped out all night, began surging toward the 27-year-old actress at a shopping center. Anderson had to plead for calm. "People are getting squashed," she implored. "We don't want to have to do any autopsies." One collapsed woman had to be carried to safety still clutching an unsigned video. In the end a dozen fans were treated for injuries, and Anderson cut short an autograph session to forestall any further mayhem.
She also drew huge crowds at malls in Brisbane, where nearly 10,000 turned out, and in Sydney, where almost 12,000 showed up, 80 of whom had to be treated for heat and exhaustion. For Anderson, the least demanding moment of the nine-day tour took place at Ocean World in Sydney. There all she had to do was swim with sharks.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!