Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Bryan Cranston, Susan Lucci and More React to All My Children Creator Agnes Nixon's Death
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Donald Trump on Alicia Machado's Miss Universe Reign: 'I Saved Her Job'
- José Fernández's Pregnant Girlfriend Maria Arias Makes First Public Appearance Since His Death at Memorial Service
- Utah Man Allegedly Held Teen in Shed For Six Weeks, Forcing Her to Perform Sex Acts for Food and Water
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 15, 1996
- Vol. 46
- No. 3
Australia's X-Files Fans Have a Serious Crush on Gillian Anderson
The wildest encounter took place in Melbourne, where more than 5,000 admirers, many of them teenage girls who had camped out all night, began surging toward the 27-year-old actress at a shopping center. Anderson had to plead for calm. "People are getting squashed," she implored. "We don't want to have to do any autopsies." One collapsed woman had to be carried to safety still clutching an unsigned video. In the end a dozen fans were treated for injuries, and Anderson cut short an autograph session to forestall any further mayhem.
She also drew huge crowds at malls in Brisbane, where nearly 10,000 turned out, and in Sydney, where almost 12,000 showed up, 80 of whom had to be treated for heat and exhaustion. For Anderson, the least demanding moment of the nine-day tour took place at Ocean World in Sydney. There all she had to do was swim with sharks.
September 28, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!