Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Peyton Manning's Plans After Super Bowl Win: 'I Want to Go Kiss My Wife and My Kids' ... and 'Drink a Lot of Budweiser'
- Read the Cover Story: Amy Duggar King: I'm Doing It My Way
- Marshawn Lynch Appears to Retire Mid-Super Bowl
- Celebrities Cheer on Lady Gaga's Performance – Including Ellen DeGeneres: 'I'm So Glad I Loaned You My Jumpsuit'
- Saoirse Ronan Bonded with Jamie Foster Over the Pressures of Navigating Hollywood as a Former Child Star
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 15, 1996
- Vol. 46
- No. 3
Sugar Ray Leonard
For a Magnificent Warrior, a Gentle Smile Hid a Troubled Heart
The story behind all the false starts and stops is a painful one for Leonard, now 40 and still possessed of the sweet smile that helped popularize his brutal sport. Already a father by the time he reached Montreal, he buckled under the additional pressures of fame and multimillion-dollar bouts. When a detached retina kept him out of the ring for several years in the mid-1980s, he said he used cocaine and drank heavily out of fear that his career was over. His marriage to his childhood sweetheart, Juanita, was turbulent, and in their 1990 divorce trial, he admitted to having physically abused her. "I can never erase the pain and scars I caused so many people," he told reporters in 1991.
Sober and much happier today, he is married to model Bernadette Robi, 38, and living comfortably in Brentwood, Calif., off his prudently invested $100 million lifetime boxing earnings. Thanks to weekly golf with pals like Kenny G and daily three-hour gym sessions, he says he's in the best shape of his life. Long a Madison Avenue icon, Leonard hopes to act and recently shot a TV pilot and an HBO movie. What about the rumored comeback for a rematch with Marvin Hagler? "You fight someone your own age, and you can't get hurt, right?" Leonard grins. "If Hagler knocks on my door...no, he would never knock on my door. If he sent me a letter..."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!