Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Filmmaker Morgan Spurlock Marries Girlfriend of 8 Years
- Read the Cover Story: Prince Harry: Finding My Purpose
- FROM EW: Colton Haynes Publicly Addresses His Sexuality
- Rachel McAdams Pushes to Stop Ocean Noise Pollution – for the Sake of Baby Whales and Other Sea Life
- Samantha Bee, Josh Gad, George Lopez and More Celebrities React to Donald Trump's Cinco de Mayo Post
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 15, 1996
- Vol. 46
- No. 3
He Transferred His Competitive Fire from the Track to the Ballot Box
After retiring from competition in 1990, Coe kept running—as a politician—and within two years was elected a Conservative Member of Parliament from a section of Cornwall in southwest England. "I've been interested in politics from an early age," says Coe, now 39, who majored in economics and social history at Loughborough University. During the '80s, he served on the International Olympic Committee and several British athletics councils. "The politics of sport is every bit as tangled as party politics," Coe notes. "Maybe more so."
The same year he retired, Coe married Nicola McIrvine, a champion equestrian. "We were introduced at a supper party," he recalls. "I moved with my usual lightning swiftness and invited her out a year later." They have three children—Madeleine, 4, Harry, 1, and Peter, born last month. Coe won't be in Atlanta, in part perhaps because of another race he will run within the next year. "In politics," he told The Daily Telegraph, "there aren't so many people who want me to win. Before, I could count on most people's support. Now," he said of his multiparty kingdom, "it's fewer than half."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!